• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

bigfoot wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update on this project.

When I started working on the OWB JIT project, the source code I had available was for OWB 1.23, so that was the version my work was based on. I've successfully implemented the JIT for OWB 1.23, and as far as I can tell, it works without any hiccups.

Next step has been (and still is) making the JIT code work with OWB 1.24. Long story short, the Webkit version in OWB 1.24 requires more work to be done which wasn't necessary for OWB 1.23. I do now have a build of OWB 1.24 with JIT enabled, but there are still some sites that exhibit problems with this version. I however don't foresee these problems to take very long to fix. My hope is that some time next week, I can release a version of OWB 1.24 with JIT enabled for public testing.

Please note, however, that this public test will only have the first level of JIT enabled. In my own tests, the first level of JIT is about 3 times as fast as the non-JIT version in a graphical Javascript test. The second level of JIT is still on my to-do list.

Excellent news!

Eventually would be nice if all three versions of Odyssey could be merged into one code base.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »09.06.18 - 16:48