• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    2 Merko:
    Here is what i can do now:
    - DV camera support.
    - If my FireWire PCI card is working, IP-over-1394 support.
    - MUI GUI (at least status display, the whole thing is very plug-n-play so i don't know if there'll be anything to configure).
    There are also the following things which i can't support because i have no hardware:
    - Video1394 - devices sending high-quality uncompressed video. These are some professional equipment, NOT a regular DV camera.
    - AMDTP - this handles some professional audio equipment. Linux support is limited to audio playback only.
    - sbp-2 - means "serial bus protocol". This implements masstorage. Note that DV camera is NOT a masstorage.
    Note that "Can't support" doesn't mean that i say "impossible and that's final". I need either a hardware or a co-developer who is able to perform testing. The stack of course will be modular, all protocols will be implemented as libraries sitting on top of raw1394 interface. The project is open.

2 All: Yesterday i've started to compile low-level OHCI card driver (ohci1394). It will be represented as standard AmigaOS device driver with the same requests set as Linux driver. Linux code is totally thread-safe so it's relatively easy to port it. It's extremely good that OpenPCI API is a 100% copy of Linux one, this helps a lot.

For more information see linux1394.org

[ Edited by Sonic on 2006/8/21 12:27 ]
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »21.08.06 - 07:13
    Profile Visit Website