• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

ThePlayer wrote:
    Where do i have to put that bootscript?
    I have a PB with OSX and MOS installed. The PB boots OSX first. And i would like to set it the other way, boot MOS first and have a Bootmenu. So where do i have to put that script and what do i have to type into OF?

To change the boot order:
    http://library.morph.zone/Dual-boot_MorphOS_and_MacOS_X_on_a_Mac_Mini_G4#Trying_it_out.2C_changing_the_default_system

I put the bootmenu script to the Boot partition (DH0: usually) where you have boot.img and bootinfo.txt files among the few other files. You may need to mount it first if it's not automounted on your system (Start Tools/Mounter, look for a small Mac HFS partition, select it and click Mount).

You probably could use some OF option to boot into that script directly, but I wanted to make as small changes as possible, so I modified the bootinfo.txt file to boot the bootmenu script, as said on earlier post.

To do that, make a backup copy of the original bootinfo.txt, then edit the boot-script line in the bootinfo.txt file in same way as in my example. Then run "HFSSetMacBoot Boot:bootinfo.txt" in the shell, this is important or the system won't boot anymore!

Have a MorphOS boot CD ready if something goes wrong and the system won't boot anymore. There's always a risk if you aren't sure what you are doing. That way you can boot into it and fix the problem.

[ Edited by jPV 11.03.2015 - 17:09 ]
  • »11.03.15 - 06:19
    Profile Visit Website