• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

QMaster wrote:
    Ok. Fascists and nationalists.

I find nothing bad in nationalism. As for fascism - there's no fascist party at Ukraine. There is Svoboda, sometimes accused of being fascistic and anti-semitic. Russia, on the other hand, has Pamyat, RNU, NBP, RNSP, or Russia 88 - all of them probably fully supporting aggression on Ukraine's autonomous republic of Crimea.

Quote:

non-legitimate (...) new Ukrainian government.

We can discuss this ad nauseam. When a government is overthrown by social mobilisation and a widespread civil disorder can the new government be called "non-legitimate usurpers"? Was it the case with Russia in 1991? Or with Iceland in 2009?

Quote:

They must have been protecting their bases from extremists from western Ukraine

Care to share a quote/news, perhaps? Where and when did those "extremists" attack a military base in any part of Ukraine? And why should the military "protect the legitimacy of government" when the goverment apparently lost it?

Quote:

you don't really understand what's happening in Ukraine and what had happened in Southern Osetia.

I see the same pattern:
    1. Provocation
    2. Conflict
    3. The stronger one wins.

On eastern Ukraine (especially on Crimea) currently we see number 1. Fortunately the Ukrainians are smarter than the Georgians were (at least they can compare their situation to what happened in 2008) and - as for now - there's no armed conflict. Unfortunately - if they'll continue evasive actions and nobody helps them (and I don't see that coming) - they will eventually loose their land anyway.
  • »10.03.14 - 22:03