Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    In Ukraine, there was no civil war, no butchering of civilians, no ethnic cleansing, no war crimes, no nothing! Nothing at all!

According to the Ukrainian Ministry of Health, the official death toll for the recent demonstrations in Kiev is 95.

Quote: "In Ukraine, there was" (..) "no nothing! Nothing at all!"

A death toll of 95 is hardly "nothing at all"

Of course not, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, the "no nothing, nothing at all" was supposed to connect in context to the part of my text that you 'conveniently' deleted in your quote above, effectively meaning: nothing at all like the civil war, butchering of civilians, ethnic cleansing, war crimes, etc we saw at Yugoslavias break down.

Quote:

but you obviously disagree.

What?! That is actually more than a little offensive! Don't put words in my mouth, especially not making it sound that I would be OK in some weird way that 95 people gets killed. I am certainly not!

Quote:

Quote:

Indeed very tragic, but the demonstrations/riots in Ukraine can hardly be compared to the civil war, ethnic cleansing, butchering of whole villages and other war crimes that occured when Yugoslavia broke up, right? The comparison is ridiculous. And it wasn't Russians that was singled out and killed, it was a sad outcome of riots/demonstration against Yanukovych.

Would you care to say who supposedly made this comparison except for yourself?

Read the thread again, and you will see that my post was a reply to post #15.

"There is no difference." ( <- Comparison )

It's just that I beg to differ. The accumulated track record of all the mad things that went on during the balkan wars *clearly* (at least in my eyes) shows that foreign peace keeping forces as mentioned in post #15 (and other posts by Intuition above) was *more* warranted there, than after a series of demonstrations in Ukraine, even if they tragically meant 95 deaths.

Those two doesn't compare, at least not in my eyes. There *is* a difference!
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »06.03.14 - 22:43