• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    > There is an option for it to start a chosen playlist when started, which I use.

I know this option. I meant: immediate playback, not only after reading ALL the playlist. This takes very long.

I have about 1,000 mp3s in my main playlist and the first mp3 starts to play virtually immediately, on my Mac Mini 1.5GHz, though it does read through the playlist in its entirety, which only happens the once when you start it up, and considering all the other HDD head reads I must access during a session I don't consider the HDD accesses really that unnecessary, but others may decide otherwise.

I like the program, but it would be good for MorphOS to have it's own mp3 TAG editor, as I haven't noticed a good one for MorphOS, so I use the MUI based Amiga 68k MP3TagEditor - actually betatested by Jacek Piszczek - Jacadcaps, who is now one of the MorphOS developers, which works really well.

I don't see the point of adding visualisations - as used in some players, in any case they just annoy me, as music is an audio thing, not a visual one, unless you are watching a music video, then you want to watch it & hear it, so MPlayer is great for that.

As far as it goes, I think Jukebox works as well as you might expect for a basic audio player, though CD to mp3/wav,etc "ripping" might be a nice addition, but I use Code Audio for that which does the job really well, though it doesn't show/download album thumbnails, but it does download the CD title and tracks list and writes them to the tracks as it converts them, which is really good.

These 2 programs - Jukebox, and Code Audio, apart from the MorphOS itself, were part of the reason I registered my Mac Mini machine.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.11.13 - 01:38