Issues with Amiga.org
  • Just looking around
    Kesa
    It didn't cost him anything. The previous owner gave it to him for free as a gift.
  • »30.09.13 - 05:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I figured he was editing AO and hosed something which broke it.

Kesa,
    He seems to be making the same poor decisions that the previous owner made that caused many users to leave.
    Quote:

Wayne. Right..He spent so much of his own time and money trying to bring together a dream. AO, IMO is the best Amiga site (now Amiga/MorphOS/AROS/OSx) to go to **because of Wayne**. Current owner is enjoying this popularity because of that. He ended up having to deal with fu**head users that cried and pouted if one user liked X OS instead of Y or threw general tantrums because they didnt like this or that. I'd just tell the users that didnt like his style to go fu*k themselves. "My site..you dont like it, go elsewhere."

You have a opinion now of Wayne and Piru, negative on both right? Go fuck yourself.

Before you go dragging people's name in the mud, why dont you wait till AO is fixed and get a proper explanation of what is really going on before moving your mouth.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 30.09.2013 - 05:51 ]
  • »30.09.13 - 11:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Kesa
    TheMagicM,
    Quote:

Wayne. Right..He spent so much of his own time and money trying to bring together a dream. AO, IMO is the best Amiga site (now Amiga/MorphOS/AROS/OSx) to go to **because of Wayne**. Current owner is enjoying this popularity because of that. He ended up having to deal with fu**head users that cried and pouted if one user liked X OS instead of Y or threw general tantrums because they didnt like this or that. I'd just tell the users that didnt like his style to go fu*k themselves. "My site..you dont like it, go elsewhere."

You have a opinion now of Wayne and Piru, negative on both right? Go fuck yourself.

Before you go dragging people's name in the mud, why dont you wait till AO is fixed and get a proper explanation of what is really going on before moving your mouth.

I wasn't talking about Wayne dickhead. I believe the previous owner was Pyromania. He shut down the site in protest of something i can't remember and lots of people left. He then gave it to Systemadmin for free. Please get your facts right before mouthing off at someone.

What made you think i didn't like Wayne? I have an account over at Whyzatt? because it belongs to him. That isn't really consistant with me not liking him is it.

As for Piru. I never said i don't like him. Yes i think he is a troll and is obnoxious but i also find him funny unlike other users who are just plain offensive. Piru reminds me of Tuvok on Star Trek - obnoxious but funny.

You on the otherhand have revealed yourself to be a complete twat. Now it's time for you to go fuck yourself.
  • »30.09.13 - 12:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> He seems to be making the same poor decisions that the previous owner made
    >> that caused many users to leave.

> Wayne. Right..

No, he means Tedd Gallion, who bought the site from Wayne and in August 2012 allegedly gave it to Bill Panagouleas for free as a consolation for a bad experience Bill had with a software contractor:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=702157
    http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=702256

> You have a opinion now of Wayne and Piru, negative on both right?

I don't know Kesa's opinion of Wayne, but you surely can't conclude it from what he's written about Tedd, can you? ;-)
  • »30.09.13 - 12:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Amiga.org is back up and running properly.

Can a mod please delete this thread before it descends further into moobunny territory?
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »30.09.13 - 13:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I believe the previous owner was Pyromania.

Pyromania (Bill Panagouleas) is the current owner. The previous owner was Transition (Tedd Gallion), whose user profile had been merged with the SysAdmin user profile:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=702374

> He shut down the site in protest of something i can't remember and lots of people left.

Yes, more there:
    http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62283
  • »30.09.13 - 13:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Can a mod please delete this thread [...]?

I disagree and hope the mods don't delete more than maybe some postings or even just some parts of some postings.
  • »30.09.13 - 13:10
  • Just looking around
    Kesa
    Guys i'm sorry about this. On Amiga.org this kind of thread would be normal but this is the first time i have seen such a thing on Morphzone. I'm really sorry. Honest!

[ Edited by Kesa 30.09.2013 - 23:18 ]
  • »30.09.13 - 13:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Can a mod please delete this thread [...]?

I disagree and hope the mods don't delete more than maybe some postings or even just some parts of some postings.

That's fine by me. :)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

• »30.09.13 - 14:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    For some reason I can't log in anymore. Strange.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »30.09.13 - 15:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Kesa
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    For some reason I can't log in anymore. Strange.

You cant log in but you can still make a post? Hahaaaaa!
  • »30.09.13 - 15:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Eh, no. I was able to log in before but not today. It greats me welcome and then I'm not logged in anyway.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »30.09.13 - 16:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    @Kesa

Our hosting company had problems yesterday, we complained but it was out of our control. Everything has been working good for many hours. Thanks for your opinions about Amiga.org, we are always working to improve it. A bunch of people did not leave the site. It has grown even larger since Wayne and Tedd decided to retire. FYI, I never shut down the site, that was the previous owner in 2012. It was only offline for about 30-40 minutes or so and I'm the one that helped get it back online.

[ Edited by discreetfx 30.09.2013 - 13:58 ]
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »30.09.13 - 19:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Kesa,
    Quote:

I wasn't talking about Wayne dickhead. I believe the previous owner was Pyromania. He shut down the site in protest of something i can't remember and lots of people left. He then gave it to Systemadmin for free. Please get your facts right before mouthing off at someone.

What made you think i didn't like Wayne? I have an account over at Whyzatt? because it belongs to him. That isn't really consistant with me not liking him is it.

As for Piru. I never said i don't like him. Yes i think he is a troll and is obnoxious but i also find him funny unlike other users who are just plain offensive. Piru reminds me of Tuvok on Star Trek - obnoxious but funny.

You on the otherhand have revealed yourself to be a complete twat. Now it's time for you to go fuck yourself.

Then you need to clarify because not all of us are drama queens that follow who owns what. Your opinion of me doesnt mean a damn thing to me.

Personal attack removed

[ Edited by hooligan 30.09.2013 - 22:55 ]
  • »30.09.13 - 19:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Andreas_Wolf,
    Quote:

> I believe the previous owner was Pyromania.

Pyromania (Bill Panagouleas) is the current owner. The previous owner was Transition (Tedd Gallion), whose user profile had been merged with the SysAdmin user profile:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=702374

> He shut down the site in protest of something i can't remember and lots of people left.

Yes, more there:
    http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62283

yea, after briefly skimming the background..I can see how I misinterpreted what he said..but I still dont like his/hers (dunno which Kesa is) "opinion" of a certain MorphOS dev. Regardless if I'm wrong or not, I'm not taking anything back that I said.

As for deleting this thread or posts...nah..leave it up. :-)

EDIT #2:
    Just a little touchy about certain upstanding members of the Amiga/MorphOS community being bashed, so, I figured I'd just say what I felt. Wayne wasnt a part of the discussion which I thought he was..I was wrong there.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 30.09.2013 - 14:12 ]
  • »30.09.13 - 19:58
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    I don't mind seeing swear words nor heated debate but personal attacks are not tolerated. Take it a bit lighter will you.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »30.09.13 - 20:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Kesa
    Looking back i regret what i posted. I posted in haste and was really having a bad day at that time. Yes i should have waited before attacking the owner of A.org for shutting down the site when it was only maintenance. Lessoned learnt. I have also apologised to him for it.

@The Magic M. Tell me again why you are a moderator on Amiga.org? You never log in and i have never seen you do anything. You don't even know who owns the site. You seem like dead wood to me.

[ Edited by Kesa 01.10.2013 - 09:31 ]
  • »30.09.13 - 23:29
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Kesa wrote:
    Looking back i regret what i posted. I posted in haste and was really having a bad day at that time. Yes i should have waited before attacking the owner of A.org for shutting down the site when it was only maintenance. Lessoned learnt. I have also apologised to him for it.

@The Magic M. Tell me again why you are a moderator on Amiga.org? You never log in and i have never seen you do anything. You don't even know who owns the site. You seem like dead wood to me.

You come on here and stir up crap for no good reason, then apologize for the mistake, followed immediately by stirring up more crap by personally attacking another member here for their involvement, or lack of involvement, with the A.org site????

Please take your sh!t elsewhere, like MooBunny, or the site you are complaining about, where that kind of behavior is normal and apparently tolerated. This site is populated by people who do productive and interesting things with their computer systems and don't want, or need your drama.

Although I don't agree with all the decisions Bill P. has made over the last 20 years, everyone is entitled to make a few mistakes along the way, and I do believe that he is a staunch believer and supporter of the Amiga community.

[ Edited by amigadave 30.09.2013 - 16:20 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.10.13 - 00:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Kesa,
    Quote:

As far as me being a moderator on AO. I dont know why. I asked to be removed (emailed the AO mod list) but wasnt removed. When I log in, I do not moderate because I feel that it is a privilege given to people who are active participants on AO. Being that I am not as active as I used to be, the "Moderator" title is just a title with powers I do not use. I do not need to know "who owns AO". I dont keep track of that. I just go to the site and enjoy what whomever owner provides. I must confess..I did slightly know the dudes name was Bill P. So thank you Bill for being an awesome owner and fighting the good fight.

My reply to you, the only error I made was about Wayne thinking you meant him. I stand by the rest with no regrets.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 30.09.2013 - 19:16 ]
  • »01.10.13 - 01:13
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Ok guys... grouphug!
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »01.10.13 - 05:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

As for Piru. I never said i don't like him. Yes i think he is a troll and is obnoxious

Since this is an international site where most people's native language is something else than English, I hereby provide some translations (google translate) of the word "obnoxious" for the people (like me) who don't understand those "fancier" kinds of English words:

Swedish: vidrig, motbjudande, avskyvärd, vedervärdig
    Norwegian: motbydelige, ytterst ubehagelig, utålelig
    Danish: modbydelig, klamt, utiltalende
    Finnish: vastenmielinen, inhottava
    German: widerlich, widerwärtig, unausstehlich, abscheulich
    French: odieux, atroce, détestable
    Spanish: odioso, aborrecible, detestable, aborrecido
    Italian: antipatico, brutto, sgradevole, spiacevole

If someone meant to simply say "rude and sometimes offensive", then it would perhaps be better to simply write "rude and sometimes offensive"?

IMHO, Piru is an old-time "Amiga Hero" (even before/"outside" MorphOS) and his work and contributions to MorphOS is definitely part of what has made this OS so great (and then there are many others of course).

Some people can obviously be provoked by performance benchmarks showing that $3,000+ OS4 systems are in fact on par with or even slower than a G4 Powerbook, that the MorphOS memory system is better, that MorphOS 3D is better and faster, that having some HW overlay mechanism on a R200/R300 card as well as real HW 3D accelleration is more useful to a system than having a Radeon HD card without any of those, and that true SMP on Amiga simply isn't possible without breaking the compatibility (no, not even on OS4). Piru has said all those things, which for some reason makes him "obnoxious" in some people's eyes. But those are facts, and shooting the messenger won't make these things less true.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.10.13 - 12:33
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    @takemehomegrandma get outta here with all that fact and logic! :-) This is an angry thread. LOL
  • »01.10.13 - 15:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I hereby provide some translations (google translate) of the word "obnoxious" [...]
    > German: widerlich, widerwärtig, unausstehlich, abscheulich

As a native German speaker I can attest that these German words are expressions of rather strong negative sentiments, in any case very different from the meaning this native English speaker claims:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=748778

Maybe the meaning of the word differs among different parts of the English speaking world, which may not be properly reflected by a dictionary? At least I can't think of any other explanation for this dissent.

> performance benchmarks showing [...] that true SMP on Amiga simply isn't possible
    > without breaking the compatibility

I wonder how this was shown by performance benchmarks ;-)
  • »01.10.13 - 17:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I hereby provide some translations (google translate) of the word "obnoxious" [...]
    > German: widerlich, widerwärtig, unausstehlich, abscheulich

As a native German speaker I can attest that these German words are expressions of rather strong negative sentiments, in any case very different from the meaning this native English speaker claims:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=748778

Maybe the meaning of the word differs among different parts of the English speaking world, which may not be properly reflected by a dictionary? At least I can't think of any other explanation for this dissent.

As an Englishman I can attest that the word "obnoxious" does convey a lot more than what the OP claims he meant.

However, I cannot speak for the colonials with their bastardised slang renderings of the Queen's English. ;)

• »01.10.13 - 17:10
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Megander
    "Abrasive" seems to be the sought after English term.
  • »01.10.13 - 20:21