Issues with Amiga.org
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I hereby provide some translations (google translate) of the word "obnoxious" [...]
    > German: widerlich, widerwärtig, unausstehlich, abscheulich

As a native German speaker I can attest that these German words are expressions of rather strong negative sentiments, in any case very different from the meaning this native English speaker claims:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=748778

Maybe the meaning of the word differs among different parts of the English speaking world, which may not be properly reflected by a dictionary? At least I can't think of any other explanation for this dissent.

> performance benchmarks showing [...] that true SMP on Amiga simply isn't possible
    > without breaking the compatibility

I wonder how this was shown by performance benchmarks ;-)
  • »01.10.13 - 17:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I hereby provide some translations (google translate) of the word "obnoxious" [...]
    > German: widerlich, widerwärtig, unausstehlich, abscheulich

As a native German speaker I can attest that these German words are expressions of rather strong negative sentiments, in any case very different from the meaning this native English speaker claims:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=748778

Maybe the meaning of the word differs among different parts of the English speaking world, which may not be properly reflected by a dictionary? At least I can't think of any other explanation for this dissent.

As an Englishman I can attest that the word "obnoxious" does convey a lot more than what the OP claims he meant.

However, I cannot speak for the colonials with their bastardised slang renderings of the Queen's English. ;)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »01.10.13 - 17:10
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Megander
    "Abrasive" seems to be the sought after English term.
  • »01.10.13 - 20:21