• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

As for Piru. I never said i don't like him. Yes i think he is a troll and is obnoxious

Since this is an international site where most people's native language is something else than English, I hereby provide some translations (google translate) of the word "obnoxious" for the people (like me) who don't understand those "fancier" kinds of English words:

Swedish: vidrig, motbjudande, avskyvärd, vedervärdig
    Norwegian: motbydelige, ytterst ubehagelig, utålelig
    Danish: modbydelig, klamt, utiltalende
    Finnish: vastenmielinen, inhottava
    German: widerlich, widerwärtig, unausstehlich, abscheulich
    French: odieux, atroce, détestable
    Spanish: odioso, aborrecible, detestable, aborrecido
    Italian: antipatico, brutto, sgradevole, spiacevole

If someone meant to simply say "rude and sometimes offensive", then it would perhaps be better to simply write "rude and sometimes offensive"?

IMHO, Piru is an old-time "Amiga Hero" (even before/"outside" MorphOS) and his work and contributions to MorphOS is definitely part of what has made this OS so great (and then there are many others of course).

Some people can obviously be provoked by performance benchmarks showing that $3,000+ OS4 systems are in fact on par with or even slower than a G4 Powerbook, that the MorphOS memory system is better, that MorphOS 3D is better and faster, that having some HW overlay mechanism on a R200/R300 card as well as real HW 3D accelleration is more useful to a system than having a Radeon HD card without any of those, and that true SMP on Amiga simply isn't possible without breaking the compatibility (no, not even on OS4). Piru has said all those things, which for some reason makes him "obnoxious" in some people's eyes. But those are facts, and shooting the messenger won't make these things less true.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.10.13 - 12:33