• MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    As CgmRadio has been mentioned in the thread, I want to write a few things. These are stated in the readme, but I know, noone reads it anyway ;-).

1. CgmRadio is only able to decode streams using codecs supported by Reggae, which, currently means only MP3. ShoutCast protocol however does not limit codec to MP3, so some radios use Ogg Vorbis, Advanced Audio Coding or more exotic codecs.

2. As for buffering "hangups" there is no need to reboot. There are two kinds of these. A simplest case is when the main thread is waiting for playback thread. Sending CTRL-C signal (from console or Task Manager) exits the program. Usually CgmRadio stalls at 0% buffer in this case. Some more complicated case is when buffer "stalls" at 100%. Then to exit the program one has to break process named "http.stream x", where 'x' is some number. This can be done by sending it CTRL-C from Task Manager. Then one can send also CTRL-C to the main CgmRadio process. I know it is cumbersome, it needs some improvements in Reggae.

3. Odyssey integration. Some sites hosting links to playlist files have also other set of problems. First, some of them simply do not set Content-Type to "audio/x-scpls" mimetype. Then Odyssey just saves playlist to a file. Some other sites do set the mimetype but also send header "Content-Disposition: attachment" which contradicts MIME settings as it forces Odyssey to save as file as well. I've talked with Fab about option for overriding Content-Disposition.

4. Future versions of CgmRadio will be able to download playlist on its own (like AmiNetRadio does), they will also support *.m3u playlist format.
  • »20.03.14 - 07:39
    Profile Visit Website