• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Cool_amigaN,

Quote:

Boot from the MorphOS 3.3 CD. format my System partition (DH1), perform a clean installation, reboot, place my MorphOS registration key in devs and choose the correct settings at Prefs/Monitor, reboot, mount latest Chrysalis iso, full install with default options, final reboot, played around with the backdrop and skin only, launched Grunch in order to check if my system was completely up-to-date (which it was) and then launched OWB from poly_net bar, it initialed the fonts, loaded its pub screen and I started moving around the window, suddenly my CPU reached 100%, the process gadget revealed that TaskLayerInfo was causing the problem, Ambient was lagging and after 5 seconds, here's what it looked like:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/yyjn.jpg/

This one looks like the Radeon chip is crashing (which could be due to anything from overheating to a driver bug). This is with a Radeon 9800, right? Can I ask you to please check and make sure that the Radeon fan is operating properly and not making any weird sounds? If it is operating properly, then please use the MorphOS bug report tool (if I remember right, it's located in the Ambient menus under 'About MorphOS') and send this bug report that way. Please include the link to the picture.

Quote:

I rebooted by ctrl+cmd+cmd, went to my work partition and launched Speed Dreams. As you can see from the below screenshot some parts of the screen are trashed (mirror and map area):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/wgg2.jpg/

This one is a known problem of the R300 TinyGL driver. It will hopefully be fixed for MorphOS 3.4.

Quote:

Furthermore I tested ScummVm 1.4.1 & 1.6 which was lagging in its Options/Menu screen (but not in the excess of TORCS I described above) and when I launched "FOTAQ talkie" I got a black screen though I could here game's sound normally.

This one sounds more like an application problem of some sort. Does it use SDL by any chance?

Quote:

The lagging in Ambient continued reboot after reboot and I 've given up when it started happening even when I was double clicking a simple TXT file.

So it is something that after a while starts happening more and more frequently? It sounds like it is working fine at first, but then after running for a while it almost completely stops working?
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »08.10.13 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website