• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    @bigfoot

Hello, here's what I did yesterday evening:

Boot from the MorphOS 3.3 CD. format my System partition (DH1), perform a clean installation, reboot, place my MorphOS registration key in devs and choose the correct settings at Prefs/Monitor, reboot, mount latest Chrysalis iso, full install with default options, final reboot, played around with the backdrop and skin only, launched Grunch in order to check if my system was completely up-to-date (which it was) and then launched OWB from poly_net bar, it initialed the fonts, loaded its pub screen and I started moving around the window, suddenly my CPU reached 100%, the process gadget revealed that TaskLayerInfo was causing the problem, Ambient was lagging and after 5 seconds, here's what it looked like:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/yyjn.jpg/

I rebooted by ctrl+cmd+cmd, went to my work partition and launched Speed Dreams. As you can see from the below screenshot some parts of the screen are trashed (mirror and map area):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/wgg2.jpg/

(Note that I got the exact same trashed parts of the game's screen in TORCS as well, last weekend. After making the format/clean installation yesterday TORCS was lagging even in its Menu screen, thus I was unable to launch any game session in order to check and report).

Furthermore I tested ScummVm 1.4.1 & 1.6 which was lagging in its Options/Menu screen (but not in the excess of TORCS I described above) and when I launched "FOTAQ talkie" I got a black screen though I could here game's sound normally.

The lagging in Ambient continued reboot after reboot and I 've given up when it started happening even when I was double clicking a simple TXT file.

I can test even more games and/or applications if you want me.

Please note that same system configuration with different GFX card (9000 64MB) works flawlessly. However all the problems described above have been described by fellow users in MorphZone (from trashed graphics to artifacts and from general Ambient lagging to individual games' lagging such as Giga-Lo-Mania) from time to time, so it can't be the card's problem each time.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »08.10.13 - 08:49
    Profile Visit Website