• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    Sorry, I know that I sound like the bad guy here and like an end user that wants to have it everything plug n play and complains about two silly games. But that is not the case. I really had ENOUGH with all this Amiga madness, including MorphOS. And I am getting really mad when simple things are simply not happening. I have ended up using BOTH MorphOS and AmigaOS for just some basic things that would expand my retro passion but even when those SIMPLE things are NOT happening, well I am seriously thinking that it is not worth to be on the ship anymore, no matter the flavor.

I got LOTS of hardware because I was and still I am a passionate MorphOS user. With each individual machine I can narrate a full adventure to you, full of blood, sweat and tears and LOTS LOTS of money wasted. But anyway I decided to stay. And not only this I am reading that MorphOS is going to the next level with this Apple PowerMac Gx hardware and I decided to follow. But look:

It is better NOT to release any kind of upgrade only to expand your supported hardware list of machines and / or cards if it is not 100% tested and working. Forget the PowerMac support, delete it and release it again when all the basic stuff is fixed. Forget the Radeon cards support, stick to the old good 9250 if this is the one that only works. And bring any kind of upgrade back when it is fully working.

I know that I am speaking without be an insider and that there is a lot of hard work needed for every single update I am getting with every release. OK I understand it. So? Expand your beta testing crew and do not let the user base to become beta testers releasing semi-working stuff!!!

So I am getting those G4 to go to the next level.. yeah OK. Well, example? I just want to SIMPLY listen to some music. The simpler task on earth and the bloody audio does not work. YEAH OK the volume slider of MacOSX is HIGH. But look folks, I want those machines for MorphOS, so I got to install an operating system THAT I WOULD NOT USE, to increase an audio volume bar with the hope that the audio would work. And of course it does not work.... And the official community solution is "go and get a sound blaster live it costs nothing". WHY? Why??? Why?????????? MORE money? Just to listen to some crappy mp3s? I got it ok. AND THE CARD DO NOT WORK in both machines. https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9589&forum=11
    Yeeeeeeah the card is bad. OK OK............ No the card is working great on other machines.

The same with the gfx support. Yeah ok I am gonna take it one of those 9700 or 9800 cards but look man they got to be the Mac edition -lots of cost- or otherwise you got to tape them, flash em, cut pins, make voodoo and black magic................... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah AND THEY ARE STILL NOT ABLE TO PLAY THE ONLY TWO GAMES THAT I LIKE TO PLAY.

Yeah yeah bug reports.................. OK OK.

Hurrican is booting but it stacks on the intro screen or manages to go on the loading screen just to stick in there. Quake III bring a black screen on boot. Same symptoms in both cases -9800 9700-.

I just mess with this kind of stuff to have some happy hours but this is a no go.

UNTIL you decide to expand your beta testers and not having the end users to go through all this, until you decide to release stuff that is really supported. I will stick with the trusty Pegasos and the Radeon 9250.

Sorry for sounding so negative....... But...........

[ Edited by CountRaven 08.10.2013 - 08:49 ]
  • »08.10.13 - 08:34
    Profile Visit Website