• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

What has happened: I inserted the CD on the drive and rebooted the machine, holding down the letter "C" on the keyboard. CD was read successfully and after a while (10 secs) my MOS 3.1. splash screen appeared but shortly after followed by an error saying something similar to "Cannot boot, MorphOS boot Image too old".

This means that the firmware didn't boot from the CD. Reliability and compatibility isn't what USB is known for. Make sure you connect your keyboard directly to the machine when trying to boot from a CD.

Quote:

I rebooted holding "ALT" and choose manually the CD boot option but got the same error.

I have to make sure, are you sure you actually selected the CD and not the HD? See this picture for an explanation. I've never seen Apple's firmware boot a different device than the one selected, but of course that doesn't mean that it isn't possible, so...

To boot completely manually, hold down the OF keys (alt+windows+o+f on a Windows keyboard, command+option+o+f on a Mac keyboard) to get to the open firmware prompt. From there, for booting a G4 Mac type:
    Code:
    boot cd:,\mac_ppc32\boot.img

This should very, very definitely either boot from CD or at least give you an error message if it fails.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »26.09.13 - 10:42
    Profile Visit Website