• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Hello fellow amigans! Last weekend I tried to install the newest version of our OS but I failed due to a strange problem.

My hardware setup is: PMAC 3.1, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD IDE WD, Radeon 9200 64MB AGP 2x (the cpu has been upgraded to G4@1,6Ghz, can't remember the exact revision now since I am at work).

My OS/software setup: MorphOS 3.1 with Pack Chrysalis 3.1 (I have skipped 3.2 and waited for the bug fix release).

What I did was to download MOS 3.3 ISO and burn it through Jalapeno (note that afterwards, I redownloaded via PC/Win7Ultimate setup and reburned it, just in case there was a problem with the CD/program, but I got the same behavior).

What has happened: I inserted the CD on the drive and rebooted the machine, holding down the letter "C" on the keyboard. CD was read successfully and after a while (10 secs) my MOS 3.1. splash screen appeared but shortly after followed by an error saying something similar to "Cannot boot, MorphOS boot Image too old".
    I rebooted holding "ALT" and choose manually the CD boot option but got the same error.
    Then I rebooted in OpenFirmaware mode, wrote "mac-boot", booted via the CD again, and the installation seemed to work for a brief moment since I was able to choose the keyboard layout through the initial installation screen of MOS3.3. but when I clicked for the next screen, I got an error saying something similar to "cannot boot, write in OpenFirmaware boot/pci/cd". Needless to say that when I write the aforementioned command in OF I get and error saying (again, similar to) "can't recognize the word".

My questions:
    1) What all the above mean? :P
    2) Theoretically, is it possible to update (not clean installation) directly at MOS3.3. from a MOS+Chrysalis 3.1. setup?
    3) I have mounted the ISO (and read the CD through my drive) but cannot locate the executable that starts the installation.
    4) I am about to switch my graphics card to a flashed 9600XT. Should I replace my current card (9200) prior to MOS 3.3. installation or after I have installed it?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »25.09.13 - 08:34
    Profile Visit Website