wish list - feel free to expand.
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Is there any chance that someone may take the to compile a list of the request and show them in a tabular or spreadsheet form, so that we could all see which are the most requested improvements or inclusions?
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »22.11.13 - 00:00
    Kronos
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    snapshot Shell and RemoteShell windows. There are no snapshot functions for those two windows although they are MUI windows as all the others. It it very annoying to always have to resize them and move them around.

Isn't there a Tooltype for that? Or maybe Shell-Startup?
    Atleast thats how it work back in the 90s.
  • »22.11.13 - 07:25
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    snapshot Shell and RemoteShell windows. There are no snapshot functions for those two windows although they are MUI windows as all the others. It it very annoying to always have to resize them and move them around.

Hmm.. yeah, I don't know why they couldn't be snapshotted like normal windows nowadays, but now they have their own settings for it.

In RemoteShell open its Preferences and there on the Settings page you have default window postition/size. Then remember to Save settings separately from the menus too (this is a bit inconsistent program).

With Shell you can define its default size&position from the tooltypes and for Ambient output windows from the Ambient settings.
  • »22.11.13 - 08:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    "should be supported" does not mean it does. Maybe it is a question of versions but it does not work with e.g. tar.bz2: http://aminet.net/package/dev/src/xad_bzip2. I copied the bzip2.040 from the 68k 7z from Aminet to the client directory and with that I cannot open e.g. annotate-src-3.0.1.tar.bz2 from AROS archives. But uncompressing works (context menu item below that). I also tried many disk images in ADF and DMS and none of them works to open as a directory. So in general I can say it does not work. Maybe only in some special situations.

Btw. there is bzip2 by default without installing external client. If you do XADLibInfo you get:
    BZip2 | 5045 | 13 | 1.9 | FILE,FREE(FI)

Which is newer than the one in Aminet. I can't see it as any external file anywhere, so I guess some of those clients come with xadmaster.library itself?

Quote:

If some file is supported through xadunfile command but not through Ambient archive browser (i.e by doubleclicking it), then it's down to XADFilesystem.

I believe bz2, dms, adf clients aren't supported by XADFilesystem (for some reason, they must have a particular subtype).

Hmm.. although you can browse bz2 and ADF archives with XADopus in Magellan2.. I wonder if they still should be browsable in Ambient too. DMS doesn't work with XADopus either, but those two do...
  • »22.11.13 - 16:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Quote:

Isn't there a Tooltype for that? Or maybe Shell-Startup?
    Atleast thats how it work back in the 90s.

At that time these windows were not MUI windows. Now they are. So they should use the MUI mechanism as well. But they lack the menu entries when you click on the MUI window gadget.
  • »22.11.13 - 17:55
    connor
    @ jPV

Maybe it works with some files for bz2 but I could not find a single one whcih I could browse from Ambient.
  • »22.11.13 - 17:57
    connor
    What would also be nice would be to wrap any screen into a MUI screen. If you have a program that opens a normal Intuition screen then you do not have the SBar there. If it could by any trick open always a MUI screen then you could have the SBar and prefs on these screens, too.
  • »22.11.13 - 17:58
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > there is bzip2 by default without installing external client. If you do XADLibInfo you get:
    > BZip2 | 5045 | 13 | 1.9 | FILE,FREE(FI)

Yes, see there:
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=9556&start=79

:-)

> I can't see it as any external file anywhere, so I guess some of those clients come with
    > xadmaster.library itself?

Exactly. You can recognize the external clients by the keyword "EXTERN" in the list generated by xadlibinfo. All other ones are internal to xadmaster.library.
  • »22.11.13 - 21:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > If you have a program that opens a normal Intuition screen then you do not have the
    > SBar there. If it could by any trick open always a MUI screen then you could have the
    > SBar and prefs on these screens, too.

Btw, this reminds me:

"Screenbar plugins are now displayed on all public screens"
    http://www.morphos-team.net/releasenotes/2.1

They reverted this change in a later update because of problems (which I don't remember if they were specified in public).
  • »22.11.13 - 21:37
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    :-)

Oops ;)

Quote:

> I can't see it as any external file anywhere, so I guess some of those clients come with
    > xadmaster.library itself?

Exactly. You can recognize the external clients by the keyword "EXTERN" in the list generated by xadlibinfo. All other ones are internal to xadmaster.library.

Any idea which one is used if you have both internal and external? Will external always replace the internal? Or is the later version used? Many (like me) haven't thought to check if there's internal one when installing external ones... and like in this case, internal was newer than Aminet's version.
  • »23.11.13 - 08:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Any idea which one is used if you have both internal and external? Will external always
    > replace the internal? Or is the later version used?

I seem to recall that external clients override internal ones. I recommend to verify to make sure (with xadlibinfo, assuming it lists only the client with the higher priority and doesn't show the other one).
  • »23.11.13 - 11:32
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Any idea which one is used if you have both internal and external? Will external always
    > replace the internal? Or is the later version used?

I seem to recall that external clients override internal ones. I recommend to verify to make sure (with xadlibinfo, assuming it lists only the client with the higher priority and doesn't show the other one).

It shows both. With this bz2:

BZip2 | 5045 | 13 | 1.9 | FILE,FREE(FI)
    BZip2 | ---- | 7 | 1.8 | FILE,EXTERN,FREE(FI)
  • »23.11.13 - 14:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > It shows both.

Pity. There must be other ways to test which one is used.
  • »23.11.13 - 16:41
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    dekanyz
    I really like Showgirls for photo editing nowadays.
    I wasn't a fan of it at first sight (because compared to Geeqie/Gimp), but after a closer look, I realised, that it is a great program and it is more than enough for some photo improvement tasks.

There are still some points where it could be improved:
    - Unlimited undo. (This is the biggest shortcoming)
    - Cmd-M shortcut is reserved by Ambient.
    - There are some bugs/missing implementations: At the Crop part, the lock doesn't work in manual mode; The program gets frozen after deleting some pictures.
    - Some other shortcuts could be also nice: File deletion, renaming (Second biggest shortcoming), image auto rotation based on Exif info on/off.
    - A slightly more complet Exif info also would be welcomed.

Ed:
    And one more improvement offer: It could be really nice to edit Levels on a histogram.

[ Edited by dekanyz 05.12.2013 - 09:17 ]
  • »05.12.13 - 10:05
    connor
    It would be nice if Sketch was more stable. When you just move the mouse over the picture it smears the pixels as if it is in paint mode. It crashes on almost everything like window resizing.
  • »05.12.13 - 18:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    @dekanyz

To delete the current picture in Showgirls, just press the "delete" key on your keyboard.
    To enable/disable the auto rotation based on Exif info, go to the Settings menu -> Setup -> General -> [x] Correct image orientation.
  • »05.12.13 - 19:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    dekanyz
    Quote:

Henes wrote:
    @dekanyz

To delete the current picture in Showgirls, just press the "delete" key on your keyboard.
    To enable/disable the auto rotation based on Exif info, go to the Settings menu -> Setup -> General -> [x] Correct image orientation.

The Delete key steps up in the current directory on normal view, In full screen mode, it does nothing.

I know where to switch on the auto rotation feature.
    The problem is, that if I edit the picture (and save it too), the rotation is handled badly. Probably it is rotated based on Exif info and is saved as it stands, but the Exif info will contain further the same rotation info, so next time it will rotate again (and make a bad rotation).

The mentioned lock by cropping issue is corrected in the latest version.
  • »06.12.13 - 08:14
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Here one that could be done pretty simply.
    Render the correct colors on Voodoo4 and Voodoo5 video cards when used in a Mac.
    I understand this problem related to an issue on the Pegasos.
    So how hard would it be to check for a Peg and then map the colors according to the machine the card is installed in?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »16.12.13 - 22:11
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    dekanyz
    My wish is a Merry Christmas for you guys! ;)
  • »25.12.13 - 06:54
    ausPPC
    Boot from firewire.
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »29.12.13 - 03:47
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    Very, very, very minor ask.

Please give option to turn off touchpad, when a USB mouse is connect.

Too many typing errors, by hitting the touchpad!!

Thanks!

Matt
  • »29.12.13 - 04:27
    Jambalah
    I would add to this wishlist:
    - Improving Sketch
    - Improving Paint
    Both are very good programs and I hope they will be better and better, expecially Paint which is more complex then Sketch but with more bugs (i hope to release a bug report asap)
    - MorphOS Exec Monitor
    Someone remember?
    http://imageshack.com/a/img23/5173/f8rt.png
    Well.. yes there are sbar programs to check various system activities but I really enjoyed this program and I'd like to use again. Program seems to have various bugs (fake transparency, text gauge in wrong places, etc). This program is high configurable but it needs a restyling.
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »26.01.14 - 18:15
    XDelusion
    I second the "turn off touch pad" feature. All OS's should have that!
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »26.01.14 - 19:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Weird. I have never had a problem with the touch pad, and I have used a mouse with my iPad since day one.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »27.01.14 - 00:18
    Jambalah
    Another go:

FFMpeg, last version, with all features active. This program is really a swiss-knife and it has some features mencoder is missing. So... ehm... Fab, I don't want to be annoying but if you find some time and you feel like.... =)

Titler! Actually I'm playing with this app alot trying to learn how to use it in the best way and it's really nice!! Stefkos, what about a 3.0 with more features?!?
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »15.03.14 - 08:20