• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    "should be supported" does not mean it does. Maybe it is a question of versions but it does not work with e.g. tar.bz2: http://aminet.net/package/dev/src/xad_bzip2. I copied the bzip2.040 from the 68k 7z from Aminet to the client directory and with that I cannot open e.g. annotate-src-3.0.1.tar.bz2 from AROS archives. But uncompressing works (context menu item below that). I also tried many disk images in ADF and DMS and none of them works to open as a directory. So in general I can say it does not work. Maybe only in some special situations.

Btw. there is bzip2 by default without installing external client. If you do XADLibInfo you get:
    BZip2 | 5045 | 13 | 1.9 | FILE,FREE(FI)

Which is newer than the one in Aminet. I can't see it as any external file anywhere, so I guess some of those clients come with xadmaster.library itself?

Quote:

If some file is supported through xadunfile command but not through Ambient archive browser (i.e by doubleclicking it), then it's down to XADFilesystem.

I believe bz2, dms, adf clients aren't supported by XADFilesystem (for some reason, they must have a particular subtype).

Hmm.. although you can browse bz2 and ADF archives with XADopus in Magellan2.. I wonder if they still should be browsable in Ambient too. DMS doesn't work with XADopus either, but those two do...
  • »22.11.13 - 16:29
    Profile Visit Website