• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    Are you sure that UAE even overtook Amiga-m86k? Did you ever set full chipset emulation in WinUAE? :-D

Yes, yes it has. It doesn't have the nostalgia feel of using an original keyboard and looking at a crt monitor with scanlines, but for functionality and speed it easily overtook Amiga-68k. Heck, I have an Amiga 500 with Vampire v2. It is great! It cannot run Payback as well or as fast as WinUAE. Even if you had an A4000T with CSPPC and Voodoo3 3000, it would not run Payback as fast as WinUAE.

In WinUAE you can dial in any settings needed. You can literally run any software ever made for the Amiga. Real hardware is not as fortunate. Sideways and backwards compatibility was never an Amiga strong suit.

Quote:

And I think the G5 has already been topped by the X5000 in at least some aspects, even if it is still faster when Altivec is used.

It has a lower power draw, that's about it. Even if it did come even with my G5 2.7 one day, it would still cost literally 25x times as much as I paid for my G5 with MorphOS license.
  • »02.05.19 - 18:01