OWB bugs
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @connor

Have you OWB set as your standard browser? Some pages doesn't like that. If so, try to pose as another browser and try again.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »21.11.13 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    on surveymonkey.com I cannot click buttons to activate them. they stay off when I click them, nothing happens. Is this an OWB bug or WebKit?

Which buttons? I could click some and create an account without any issue. No need to spoof or anything either.
  • »21.11.13 - 21:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    like here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/zumba-jam . With other brothers I can see the checkmarks after clicking. With OWB nothing happens.

Yasu:
    yes, standard browser but this is not what you mean. You want to know if I sppoof as another browser. No, I don't. Although even without spoofing almost every website just reads "Safari" and then they assume I use Mac OS.
  • »22.11.13 - 18:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > You want to know if I sppoof as another browser. No, I don't.

The page doesn't work here without spoofing either, so I tried with spoofing and it works with each of OWB's standard spoofing options except IE6, IE7 and IE8.

Update: Works with OWB 1.21 without spoofing.

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf 13.12.2013 - 20:54 ]
  • »22.11.13 - 20:39
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    SKOLMAN_MWS
    Problem with sending big files (out of memory).
    _
  • »13.12.13 - 17:22
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

SKOLMAN_MWS wrote:
    Problem with sending big files (out of memory).

More details are needed (site, file size, ...). Uploading itself doesn't consume more than a 64kB chunk or so, so the problem must be a bit more subtle and highly depending on the website.
  • »13.12.13 - 17:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    SKOLMAN_MWS
    For example, to send a youtube video 8GB I would have to have a free 8GB RAM.
    _
  • »13.12.13 - 18:10
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fairdinkem
    Don't know if this is the best place to report this or not, but Odyssey 1.20 uses 100% CPU when using www.icloud.com.

Is this the case because my Pegasos 2 is just not powerful enough or is it an odyssey optimisation thing?
  • »17.12.13 - 01:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Odyssey 1.20 uses 100% CPU when using www.icloud.com.

Have you tried with the recent Odyssey 1.21?
  • »17.12.13 - 08:35
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fairdinkem
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

Yeah I updated Odyssey to 1.21 same problem maxed out CPU usage.
  • »17.12.13 - 11:23
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Fairdinkem wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

Yeah I updated Odyssey to 1.21 same problem maxed out CPU usage.

I can't see such cpu usage using 1.21 here, but i'm stuck at login page anyway. In any case, given the site, it's not really an issue of optimization here. This site triggers cpu intensive operations, especially for a software cairo rendering backend. Fortunately, not all sites are designed that way.

[ Edited by Fab 20.12.2013 - 09:32 ]
  • »20.12.13 - 10:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fairdinkem
    Looks like iCloud appears to work better in version 1.22
  • »23.12.13 - 09:06
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fairdinkem
    However it looks like Youtube is broken again, any video I start just goes to a black screen and doesn't load and play?
  • »23.12.13 - 09:08
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Fairdinkem wrote:
    However it looks like Youtube is broken again, any video I start just goes to a black screen and doesn't load and play?

Maybe you extracted to a new dir and forgot to add the youtube userscripts again? It works just fine here, at least.
  • »23.12.13 - 09:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I have noticed a major slowdown of OWB v1.22, compared to v1.21 and earlier versions with regard to page loading.

I wondered if other users are experiencing the same issue?

I feel it's probably something to do with the TopSites feature that we now 'enjoy' (though if this slowdown is as a result - I can do without it) as the HDD access lights/LEDs are constantly busy as a new page is being loaded, and virtually all of the OWB GUI is locked/frozen, so you can't do anything with it until it has finished doing whatever it is doing, and with large pages that can often take quite a while.

Having said that, at the moment it is loading quite quickly, but I removed the TopSites.db from the 'conf' drawer/folder, though it seems to have re-created/re-generated a new one, though at the moment the file is a lot smaller, so even though I thought this feature might hve been "turned off" - It's not, but the pages/TABs do seem to be loading quite a lot quicker - for the time being.

Can the 'topsites' option be turned off in preferences, or anywhere else?

With v1.21 this is not the case, and you can load a new TAB or browser page while it is loading another tab/page.

I like the TAB option of being able to add a New TAB next to the adjacent TAB, but sometimes this new TAB opens a couple or a few TABs further along the TAB bar, has anyone else noticed this?

Another niggle, though only a really small one is that v1.21 is shown in the home page 'splash' info when v1.22 release starts up, though the about requester does show the corrrect version release information as v1.22.

Would it also be possible to have Keyboard-Shortcuts for Preferences = A (CMD) + ? , and Save as HTML = A (CMD) + H, and Save as PDF = A (CMD) + Z, or something similar, as I'm getting a little tired of having to use the mouse/trackball to keep accessing the menu when there is a page I want to save, or alter the preferences to add/remove a feature. I know it's only a niggle, but hope it's not too much to ask for ....... please.

[ Edited by NewSense 28.12.2013 - 01:15 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.12.13 - 01:52
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Can the 'topsites' option be turned off in preferences, or anywhere else?

Type this in a shell:
    Setenv SAVE OWB_DISABLE_TOPSITES 1

(Source: geit on pegasosforum.de)
  • »28.12.13 - 02:19
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Can the 'topsites' option be turned off in preferences, or anywhere else?

Type this in a shell:
    Setenv SAVE OWB_DISABLE_TOPSITES 1

Surely, this should be an option in preferences?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.12.13 - 02:29
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    You can delete topsites:// in Prefs/New Page... left it blank or insert your prefered web-site...
    Notice: this prevents only showing topsites - nevertheless thumpnails are created. To stop that all you have to set env-variable, as Andreas posted above......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »28.12.13 - 10:21
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I have noticed a major slowdown of OWB v1.22, compared to v1.21 and earlier versions with regard to page loading.

I wondered if other users are experiencing the same issue?

Can the 'topsites' option be turned off in preferences, or anywhere else?

With v1.21 this is not the case, and you can load a new TAB or browser page while it is loading another tab/page.

There's no difference between 1.22 and 1.21 that would explain this at all. 1.22 just fixes a slowness issue and a security constraint, nothing more.

The issue you're experiencing is rather a possibly very fragmented hard disk, and thus the access to the topsites database is getting really slow. And keep in mind that this file doesn't grow up indefinitely, it's pruned when needed.

Now, if it still performs slow for you, just disable it as indicated earlier. It might become a settings in the GUI in a next version, sure.

Quote:

I like the TAB option of being able to add a New TAB next to the adjacent TAB, but sometimes this new TAB opens a couple or a few TABs further along the TAB bar, has anyone else noticed this?

In fact, it's about it being smart: for instance, if you have 1. MorphZone, 2. Another site, and you open in a new tab a link from MorphZone, you'll get: 1. MorphZone, 2. MorphZone 1st opened link 3. Another site. If you open a link from 1. again, you'll get: 1. MorphZone, 2. MorphZone 1st opened link 3. MorphZone 2nd opened link 4. Another site. And so on...

Quote:

Would it also be possible to have Keyboard-Shortcuts for Preferences = A (CMD) + ? , and Save as HTML = A (CMD) + H, and Save as PDF = A (CMD) + Z, or something similar, as I'm getting a little tired of having to use the mouse/trackball to keep accessing the menu when there is a page I want to save, or alter the preferences to add/remove a feature. I know it's only a niggle, but hope it's not too much to ask for ....... please.

Some of these shortcuts are already used by other actions.
  • »28.12.13 - 12:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Fab,
    Quote:

Now, if it still performs slow for you, just disable it as indicated earlier. It might become a settings in the GUI in a next version, sure.

I did add a 'rider' update to say that it was - soon after I wrote the original post that it had got back to a more normal access/page loading speed, but it still seems slower than the earlier versions, but I obviously cannot explain why.

Incorporating the option to have TopSites as a program preference seems to be the most appropriate option, which I for one, would be very happy to see implemented. Thanks

I don't think my HDD is fragmented as it's a 250GB 2.5" IDE, and only the basics of the MOS system are on it, plus a partitiion for storage of data/files, but I'll bear this in mind. There's loads of spare unused storage space on the main Mac Mini 250GB HDD.

Quote:

In fact, it's about it being smart: for instance, if you have 1. MorphZone, 2. Another site, and you open in a new tab a link from MorphZone, you'll get: 1. MorphZone, 2. MorphZone 1st opened link 3. Another site. If you open a link from 1. again, you'll get: 1. MorphZone, 2. MorphZone 1st opened link 3. MorphZone 2nd opened link 4. Another site. And so on...

I understand this principle, but I noticed that when I had a few TABs open, and say .. middle clicked on a link from the first TAB, it opened a new TAB (setup to open after current) as the next TAB, but when I clicked on the next item I was interested in with the middle mouse button it opened 1 or 2 TABs AFTER the one I had just opened with a middle click - which is different than you've explained, which is the way I understood it to work - which is far better than it was before - SO, MANY THANKS for implementing the - 'Open After Current' TAB option.

Is there any chance of getting the CTRL + 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 to work WHEREVER you have the mouse positioned within the GUI?

As it only seems to open the correct TAB with this keypress option - IF - you have first of all clicked the mouse in the upper part of the GUI before you press the CTRL + Number key, as it doesn't work if you press CTRL + Number Key when you have the mouse active in the body of a webpage - I seem to remember pointing this problem out before but as yet it doesn't seem to have been addressed/fixed.
    Quote:

Some of these shortcuts are already used by other actions.

OK, but can you allocate a keypress combination of your choosing that is as appropriate to the functions requested to offer this functionality, such as CTRL + F = Save as PDF, CTRL + H = Save as HTML or whatever combination of key(s) is most suitable.
  • »29.12.13 - 01:18
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Megander
    Odyssey 1.23 available for download at fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/

Appears to be bugfix only.
  • »31.12.13 - 09:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Fab has made it clear he's sticking with WebKit, so unless he changes his mind
    > or someone else starts a new browser based on Blink/V8 it doesn't look likely it
    > will be coming our way anytime soon. Does anyone know what GUI toolkit
    > Chromium uses? Not that it makes much difference to us anyway. :)

"In case both OWB and Timeberwolf get too old and don't work with important sites I'm using regularly any more I'll probably port another browser like Chromium to AmigaOS"
    http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?post_id=85736#forumpost85736

;-)
  • »04.01.14 - 03:19
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    VooDoo
    Before some day get new router from my provider "ADB Broadband" but cant connect to it! After get window for user name /pass ,click login and only what I get is error : "Unable to open "http://192.168.1.1/ui/dboard". Error 47: Number of redirects hit maximum amount."

Any decision for this ? Thanx!

Using last OWB 1.23

[ Edited by VooDoo 13.01.2014 - 15:47 ]
    MAC mini 1.5 ghz 1GB ram + MorphOS 3.7

A1200 sandwich

uA1c/g3 800 mHz/256mb/160gb hdd/OS4.1 :-D

Warp croatian Amiga portal :
  • »13.01.14 - 16:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Try to do following:

After clicking login wait some seconds, then click to the URL and delete the last sign (or item) and press ENTER.

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 15.01.2014 - 09:23 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »13.01.14 - 17:13