OWB bugs
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I don't know if the error requester related to trying to pay for an item is an ebay or OWB issue, but I just tried to pay for something else and had the same issue,

Unable to open 'https://checkout.payments.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?XOProcessor&item=xxxxxxxxxxxx&transactionid=-1&quantity=1&rev=-1&rsp=true&'.
    Error 60: Peer certificate cannot be authorised with given CA certificates.

yet the same solutiion resolved it, - REBOOT, but there must be something wrong if a reboot is required to clear the issue/error and allow me to pay for an item. In which case surely it isn't at the ebay end?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »10.11.13 - 14:47
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    TomKeric
    Facebook makes MOS freeze.

Hi all, I have been using my MacMini 1,5Ghz with MOS 3.2 for a long time now. I use it in my work as a 2nd computer to do testing of webpages and webshops.

I have found it to be very stable and reliable and I often leave the computer on whole days with open webpages,

I have noticed if I leave Facebook open - after a certain time (hours) the computer freeze and need to be restarted.

It can be the screensaver is freezed.

My conclusion is it only happens when facebook is open.

Anyone else experienced this with OWB / Mac Mini?

Br/Tomas
    -If you've never failed, you've never tried -
  • »11.11.13 - 09:09
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

TomKeric wrote:
    Facebook makes MOS freeze.

I have noticed if I leave Facebook open - after a certain time (hours) the computer freeze and need to be restarted.

Erm, there are 2 different possible causes, but only one of them would make MorphOS "freeze".

1. Chat audio notifications make Odyssey crash : it's caused by a 32bits overflow in ffmpeg support for audio-only media. This is fixed for Odyssey 1.21.

2. Facebook eats tons of memory, and webkit javascriptcore tends to forget freeing everything it allocates. I even added special treatment to call garbage collector more often, but it still leaks a bit. That said, even if memory is exhausted, Odyssey DOESN'T freeze. At worst, it displays a message requester telling there's not enough memory left, and it lets you quit if you want.
  • »11.11.13 - 15:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I don't know if the error requester related to trying to pay for an item is an ebay or OWB issue, but I just tried to pay for something else and had the same issue,

Unable to open 'https://checkout.payments.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?XOProcessor&item=xxxxxxxxxxxx&transactionid=-1&quantity=1&rev=-1&rsp=true&'.
    Error 60: Peer certificate cannot be authorised with given CA certificates.

yet the same solutiion resolved it, - REBOOT, but there must be something wrong if a reboot is required to clear the issue/error and allow me to pay for an item. In which case surely it isn't at the ebay end?

It's more a network issue in my opinion. Certificates for paypal are up to date in the provided certificate file, and Odyssey doesn't randomly fail to send certificates, unless network connection got flaky for some reason, or that some proxy does weird things about it.
  • »11.11.13 - 15:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    It's more a network issue in my opinion. Certificates for paypal are up to date in the provided certificate file, and Odyssey doesn't randomly fail to send certificates, unless network connection got flaky for some reason, or that some proxy does weird things about it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

However, can you explain why I tried about 3 times to get through the link, with "ignore SSL errors" unticked, on each occasion, yet as soon as I had rebooted MorphOS and re-launched OWB/relevant webpage I got through, using the same weblink/page that would not let me through to the link before I rebooted.

As I said this has happened 3 times, and I could accept a coincidence twice, but 3 times and I'd have to call that unusual, otherwise known as some incompatibility/bug somewhere, at least that is what I think, as I don't have an proxies chosen or running at my end of the network.

I hadn't had any drop-outs on the network either, but of course a flaky network connection might cause it, but again - THREE separate occasions, I don't think so.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.11.13 - 00:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    The following is not truly OWB bug but I hope somehow it can be dealt with: During the recent month(s), I have zero chances of success into playing a YT video. Only one (!) loaded successfully and I must have clicked through hundreds of them, dammit! And the one that worked was uploaded by me (lol) to my channel but didn't had a fullscreen button, wtf? Of course I have the scripts updated/enabled + YT html 5 support, but still...

OTHOH, other html5 video streaming services that starts with *you*, work correctly, if you know what I mean ;)
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »12.11.13 - 08:19
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Derringer
    Cool_amigaN,
    Quote:

The following is not truly OWB bug but I hope somehow it can be dealt with: During the recent month(s), I have zero chances of success into playing a YT video. Only one (!) loaded successfully and I must have clicked through hundreds of them, dammit! And the one that worked was uploaded by me (lol) to my channel but didn't had a fullscreen button, wtf? Of course I have the scripts updated/enabled + YT html 5 support, but still...

OTHOH, other html5 video streaming services that starts with *you*, work correctly, if you know what I mean ;)

I had the same problem, but after search many comments the solution is this:

-No need yt html5 support.
    -Install flash and make enabled if not. (it needs only to spoof yt to think you will begin with flash, but replay of course will be html5)
    -update the latest script (if not already)

Now every yt clip loaded.

[ Edited by Derringer 12.11.2013 - 08:53 ]
    MorphOS PowerBook G4 1,67GHz, 2GB Ram, 250GBHdd, ATI 9700/128MB
    Morphos G5 2,7GHz, 8GB Ram, 500GB Hdd, ATi Passive cooled 9800 PRO/128MB
  • »12.11.13 - 08:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I don't know if this is an OWB bug or not but ...

I have several Google Mail accounts. Now, when I try to log into any one of them that's not my main account I still get logged into my main account. I don't know if the fact that I use the same password for both mail makes a difference.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »18.11.13 - 13:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I can confirm that it does work with Firefox (25.0.1) in Windows but not with OWB. In Firefox I can switch accounts, in OWB I can not (always returns to my main account).

My MorphOS blog
  • »19.11.13 - 13:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I can confirm that it does work with Firefox (25.0.1) in Windows but not with OWB. In Firefox I can switch accounts, in OWB I can not (always returns to my main account).

I just created a second gmail account, and i can switch between them without issue in Odyssey (at least in 1.21, but the behaviour shouldn't differ from currently released 1.20). Maybe clear your conf/cookies.db file, just in case.
  • »20.11.13 - 10:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I tried this and it worked until I saved both passwords in OWB. Then the same problem started again.

Have you tried having the same password in both accounts?

My MorphOS blog
  • »20.11.13 - 12:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I tried this and it worked until I saved both passwords in OWB. Then the same problem started again.

Have you tried having the same password in both accounts?

Ah, but do you mean it's about the pre-filled login/password? If you re-type it, it definitely has to work. The pre-filled password might be the one of the first stored account (though you say both passwords are identical)...
  • »20.11.13 - 14:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Yes. But it's wierd that when I try to log into account #2 I still get transfered to account #1 for no good reason. And this doesn't happen with Firefox.

This is a new thing though with Gmail. Maybe some later webcits have already fixed this problem?

My MorphOS blog
  • »20.11.13 - 15:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I'm back from work and tried this again. This time I deleted the passwords instead of cookies and I got the same strange results. Sometimes it logs in correctly, sometimes not (goes to account #1).

But I did find a workaround. I logged into my main account and choosed "Add another account". When logging in into my main account and choosing my other account inside of it I go to the other one without any problems. Since this takes about as much time as to logging out one account and logging into the other it's a very practical workaround indeed :-)

My MorphOS blog
  • »20.11.13 - 23:04
    Profile Visit Website
    connor
    on surveymonkey.com I cannot click buttons to activate them. they stay off when I click them, nothing happens. Is this an OWB bug or WebKit?
  • »21.11.13 - 19:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @connor

Have you OWB set as your standard browser? Some pages doesn't like that. If so, try to pose as another browser and try again.

My MorphOS blog
  • »21.11.13 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    on surveymonkey.com I cannot click buttons to activate them. they stay off when I click them, nothing happens. Is this an OWB bug or WebKit?

Which buttons? I could click some and create an account without any issue. No need to spoof or anything either.
  • »21.11.13 - 21:57
    Profile Visit Website
    connor
    like here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/zumba-jam . With other brothers I can see the checkmarks after clicking. With OWB nothing happens.

Yasu:
    yes, standard browser but this is not what you mean. You want to know if I sppoof as another browser. No, I don't. Although even without spoofing almost every website just reads "Safari" and then they assume I use Mac OS.
  • »22.11.13 - 18:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > You want to know if I sppoof as another browser. No, I don't.

The page doesn't work here without spoofing either, so I tried with spoofing and it works with each of OWB's standard spoofing options except IE6, IE7 and IE8.

Update: Works with OWB 1.21 without spoofing.

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf 13.12.2013 - 20:54 ]
  • »22.11.13 - 20:39
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    SKOLMAN_MWS
    Problem with sending big files (out of memory).
    _
  • »13.12.13 - 17:22
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

SKOLMAN_MWS wrote:
    Problem with sending big files (out of memory).

More details are needed (site, file size, ...). Uploading itself doesn't consume more than a 64kB chunk or so, so the problem must be a bit more subtle and highly depending on the website.
  • »13.12.13 - 17:52
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    SKOLMAN_MWS
    For example, to send a youtube video 8GB I would have to have a free 8GB RAM.
    _
  • »13.12.13 - 18:10
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fairdinkem
    Don't know if this is the best place to report this or not, but Odyssey 1.20 uses 100% CPU when using www.icloud.com.

Is this the case because my Pegasos 2 is just not powerful enough or is it an odyssey optimisation thing?
  • »17.12.13 - 01:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Odyssey 1.20 uses 100% CPU when using www.icloud.com.

Have you tried with the recent Odyssey 1.21?
  • »17.12.13 - 08:35
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fairdinkem
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Odyssey 1.20 uses 100% CPU when using www.icloud.com.

Have you tried with the recent Odyssey 1.21?

Yeah I updated Odyssey to 1.21 same problem maxed out CPU usage.
  • »17.12.13 - 11:23