OWB bugs
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1g
    > isn't that the cracked version?

In case you refer to the Heartbleed bug:

"The affected versions of OpenSSL are OpenSSL 1.0.1 through 1.0.1f (inclusive). Later versions (1.0.1g and ulterior) and previous versions (1.0.0 branch and older) are not vulnerable."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbleed#Affected_OpenSSL_installations

Btw, up to v1.23, OWB was using OpenSSL 1.0.0j.
  • »15.04.14 - 22:15
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    stephen_robinson
    Quote:

stephen_robinson wrote:
    Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1g

isn't that the cracked version?

Actually, just checked, it's only up 1.0.1f... Oh, too late...
  • »15.04.14 - 22:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Youtube is still not working as it should.

But I found this: Youtube Center and with it everything works quite well. I just need to figure out how to configure it again (first time it asked me to, after that I can't find where the configure option is).

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=9&topic_id=9799&post_id=109979&viewmode=flat&sortorder=0&showonepost=1

[Edit] Found it! It's the same "cog wheel" button beside the Youtube search bar and Youtube use. Simple :-)

[Edit 2] The downside seems to be that it's very processor heavy for some reason ...

[ Edited by Yasu 16.04.2014 - 01:31 ]
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »16.04.14 - 00:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I just installed OWB v1.24 and it now seems to work with the 2014 Google Maps that are often used in websites to show locations, and it shows the Satellite version (photos of area, that can be zoomed in on) and also StreetView, like travelling along the road/street, and looking from side to side, on the roads and countries that support this feature, which NEVER worked before, but now does pretty much as you'd expect on most of the more prominent OSs that use Firefox, Safari or IE, etc. so this is GREAT NEWS, at least as far as I am concerned for OWB.

The only site I don't get full access to, at the moment, for me, is GumTree in the UK, which works OK to upload data, and allows text to be input but does not allow the item once uploaded to be edited or promoted as an ad, or show statistics, or even delete the item from my profile management page, so when I try to Edit it or whatever I see the link, but the browser does not navigate to the lik, even if I spoof or set Javascript as enabled.

I am having to 'fire-up' my Windows or Mac OS systems to be ble to update this information, which is really annoying, so the sooner it gets fixed the better, but I appreciate all the hard work that's been done already, and there are improvements in this release that I can clearly see already, so THANKS FAB, and everyone else, if there is anyone else involved in the development of OWB.

I also wondered if the Hotkey TAB navigation keys are ever going to be fixed so they work wherever you are on the browser, as at present they only work if you have the mouse in the upper area of the browser - navigation button area, and NOT when you have the mouse in the browser page itself.

So, pressing CTRL + 2 does not navigate to TAB 2 from another TAB or any other TAB if you have the mouse/pointer in the browser content area of the main display window, but ONLY if you have it in this upper 'navigation' area of the GUI, which is very unrealistic and comparatively useless, as who has the pointer/mouse in the upper area of the browser when you're browsing on a webpage, so having some additional key, like Alt in combination with CTRL and the Number or some other way of moving easily between TABS really needs to be addrressed, if others agree, and it's not too much re-working to get it implemented.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »16.04.14 - 03:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > OWB v1.24 [...] now seems to work with [...] StreetView

Yes, but you have to use the new Google Maps (which modern browsers Google knows get automatically since February 2014) for the HTML5-based StreetView to work. The traditional Google Maps (which modern browsers Google doesn't know and old browsers get) complains about missing Flash when attempting to activate StreetView.
    OWB has apparently been working with the HTML5-based StreetView since when it was introduced (May 2013 invitation-only, July 2013 for everybody), so not just since OWB v1.24. In August 2013, boot_wb wrote about the then-recent OWB version (v1.20):

"Sites based on html5 however will mainly work (unless using webGL), such as the html5 version of google streetview."
  • »16.04.14 - 20:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    > OWB v1.24 [...] now seems to work with [...] StreetView

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    Yes, but you have to use the new Google Maps (since February 2014) for the HTML5-based StreetView to work. The traditional Google Maps (which modern browsers Google doesn't know and old browsers get) complains about missing Flash when attempting to activate StreetView.

Yes that's what I meant, but you have explained it in more detail, so thanks.

Quote:

OWB has apparently been working with the HTML5-based StreetView since when it was introduced July 2013 for everybody. In August 2013,

I just realised I didn't update my installation of OWB from v1.22 to v1.23 in between those and this release, so I missed out on this feature during that time, well, never mind, but thanks for pointing it out.

I just found a problem when using my webmail service to preview emails before I download them.

When I ask the images to be displayed from sites that I trust to view the basic text emails as HTML emails then the scrollbar disappears into a little ball at the upper part of the right side of the screen, and the images scroll in a mini window about 6 pixels high/tall, but the full width of the rendered frame that they should occupy, which makes it virtually impossible to scroll through and view the page. If I request the page to print it offers a full screen, correctly rendered.

Also, if while I am viewing this mini-window/display and I move the mouse/cursor to the right side of the screen where the scroll bar should be, then as the mouse/cursor passes over it it re-appears, and if I click on it, below/above it then the page/screen/image moves up/down and re-renders correctly, and if I click further down in the scroll bar then it continues to move to the correct section with the text/images with it, but if I use the middle mouse button to scroll the window/frame then it reverts to this mini-window of about 6 pixels high/tall, and makes it unuseable.

Is this a known issue?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.04.14 - 00:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> the new Google Maps (since February 2014)

> [...]

This is a misquote. What I wrote is: "the new Google Maps (which modern browsers Google knows get automatically since February 2014)". As I wrote, the new Google Maps with the HTML5-based StreetView went live in mid-2013, but until February 2014 you had to opt-in no matter the browser used. This is what has changed in February 2014 for modern browsers that are recognized by Google (thus not for OWB).

> I didn't update my installation of OWB from v1.22 to v1.23 in between those
    > and this release, so I missed out on this feature during that time

I'm not sure what missing out on the v1.23 release would have to do with anything. As I said, boot_wb wrote in August 2013 that the HTML5-based Google StreetView worked for him in OWB. This was when v1.20 was recent. So apparently it has worked with v1.20 and all subsequent OWB releases. And I reckon it's also working with releases older than v1.20 (where I can understand that nobody tried, though).
  • »17.04.14 - 10:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    catohagen
    adding some issues here

-I choose to spoof as Ipad or Chrome in preferences, click save, exit and restart OWB but it doesnt seem to be spoofing, in menu i need to Spoof As->Ipad and click reload...?
    I check with http://www.whatsmyuseragent.com/ and get

Your User Agent String is:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; PowerPC MorphOS 3.5; Odyssey Web Browser; rv:1.20) AppleWebKit/537.33 (KHTML, like Gecko) OWB/1.20 Safari/537.33

-In 1.24 i set all videoformats to ASK and configure Mplayer, but clicking any video just starts downloading it, doing the same in an older 1.20 OWB and it asks every time
  • »20.04.14 - 12:33
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

As I said, boot_wb wrote in August 2013 that the HTML5-based Google StreetView worked for him in OWB. This was when v1.20 was recent. So apparently it has worked with v1.20 and all subsequent OWB releases.

Just to clarify, since I'd apparently not been explicit in that thread, I was referring to http://www.instantstreetview.com/ to which I'd posted a link in another thread here.

Compatibility with Google's default streetview is a bonus I wasn't aware of until this thread. (Very good news, as it integrates google maps>streetview far better than the resource to which I'd previously linked).

[ Edited by boot_wb 20.04.2014 - 13:55 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »20.04.14 - 13:39
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Incidentally, I can't purchase IceDoctor from Leif's site with OWB (or iBrowse) - the dreaded Error 35: SSL connect error.

http://www.blubbedev.net/icefs/doctor.html

I completed the transaction via my phone browser, so that's not a problem... am now just waiting for Leif to send me the keyfile so I can restore the partition.

(Somehow managed to trash my IceFS partition in HDCDonfig: error states size has changed since last format, even though I haven't resized it, and it's taking up all the space between two 128MB padding (Apple_free) partitions that have remained untouched for yonks.)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »20.04.14 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> boot_wb wrote in August 2013 that the HTML5-based Google StreetView worked
    >> for him in OWB.

> Just to clarify, since I'd apparently not been explicit in that thread, I was
    > referring to http://www.instantstreetview.com

Thanks for clarification and sorry for the misinterpretation. Notwithstanding, I still believe that OWB has been working with HTML5-based Google StreetView (the genuine one) right from its start in mid-2013.
  • »20.04.14 - 22:43
    Cool_amigaN
    Hello!

If I zoom in and click middle mouse button on a link then the current page and the new page which is opening on a new tab, reverts to default values (zoom resets).

This has been happening for as long I can remember using OWB (almost all versions).

IMO, it should keep the zoomed in values for both the current page AND for the new one you are opening.

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 22.04.2014 - 22:18 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »22.04.14 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I'm having problems with PayPal. I tried to donate some money to BZsili today and I got this:

14684_Snap-5%20-%201074x128x24.png

It has happened before, but then it did work after a while for some reason.

My MorphOS blog
  • »09.05.14 - 10:54
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I'm having problems with PayPal. I tried to donate some money to BZsili today and I got this:

I got the same when buying IceDoctor keyfile from Leif's homepage.
    Was this from a 'donate' or 'purchase' button embedded on a website by any chance? (I wonder if it's an error in the general case for these links, since using Paypal directly via the paypal/Ebay page still seems to work ok)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »09.05.14 - 12:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Yes, it was a donate button. If I remember right, using PayPal in a normal fashin works.

My MorphOS blog
  • »09.05.14 - 12:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:

I got the same when buying IceDoctor keyfile from Leif's homepage.
    Was this from a 'donate' or 'purchase' button embedded on a website by any chance? (I wonder if it's an error in the general case for these links, since using Paypal directly via the paypal/Ebay page still seems to work ok)

Same happen to me while I tried to login on polish gumtree.
    I think this is general SSL connection problem of OWB 1.42.

[ Edited by r-tea 18.05.2014 - 20:17 ]
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »18.05.14 - 22:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @r-tea

Yes, I'm having the same problem with most Paypal related actions. I hope a new SSL will fix this for the next version.

My MorphOS blog
  • »18.05.14 - 22:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Furvert
    I guess i posted this in the wrong place. Not sure if any others reported this. It has been happening for the last 2 updates so I guess I need to bring it up.
    I am having problems saving images from sites. One I have established as the sites settings and going on a long time, but the other is different. I didn't have this issue with the OWB Version 1.20 that comes with MorphOS 3.51. Ii in fact it still works for the site, but 1.23 and 1.24 do not.
    It's a friend's pay site and they are an Amiga/MorphOS user too. I'm able to log in just fine and even view the images when I click on thumbnail links to view the art, but saving image isn't working. There is no java script or anything in place to block downloading them. A file is created with the image's name and extention, (.jpg or .png) however it's a html file. What I get is (website name removed but everything else given)

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>401 Authorization Required</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Authorization Required</h1>

This server could not verify that you
    are authorized to access the document
    requested. Either you supplied the wrong
    credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
    browser doesn't understand how to supply
    the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<address>Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at (website name removed) Port 80</address>
    </body></html>
  • »19.05.14 - 06:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @r-tea

Yes, I'm having the same problem with most Paypal related actions. I hope a new SSL will fix this for the next version.

This is internal OWB bug. Recently I switched back to 1.23 and all SSL connections issues just vanished.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »30.05.14 - 18:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I am getting an error with the You Tube Scripts for OWB at the moment - I get an error message, saying the scripts cannot be loaded.

Is there some other file I am missing?

I am running OWB v1.24 at the moment. I can see the HTML5 videos usually, though some are problematic. Not that I go on YouTube that often, but having been on there occasionally over the last few weeks this error has occurred on each occasion.

Just wondered if someone else had noticed this problem. The script window opens, and I get the message saying - "there was an error and the files could not be loaded. Please copy the URL (address) and report the problem + URL to Discussions
  • »07.06.14 - 00:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @NewSense

You can download Youtube Center and use that script instead of Fab's one. It works fine for me, though it's a much heavier script.

https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

My MorphOS blog
  • »07.06.14 - 13:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @NewSense

You can download Youtube Center and use that script instead of Fab's one. It works fine for me, though it's a much heavier script.

https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

I downloaded it, but am having no success with it.

I also have a GumTree website account, and was able to upload an advert/photos through OWB, but I am unable to edit it at all using OWB on their web address, in fact the page does not format/display correctly with OWB, probably a Javascript issue, though it is a HTTPS web address to access the account/advert, so I have had to use my PC and Firefox to get around this editing issue, but it really could do with addressing/fixing with OWB.
  • »17.06.14 - 15:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    NicePics13
    My sister was visiting from Norway and tried logging into finn.no but they're using something called SPiD and OWB 1.23/1.24 craps out with Error 35: SSL connect error every time.
    I've tried browser spoofing, checked the ignore SSL errors option and even updated the curl-ca-bundle.crt but no luck :P
    She could log in with other webkit browsers like OmniWeb on OS X Tiger, rekonq and QupZilla on *nix.

CBM Amiga 1200 + 4MB AMITEK with 33MHz 68882 FPU
    PowerBook5,4 1024MB 1333MHz G4
  • »30.06.14 - 17:43
    Cool_amigaN
    Recently I removed all my stored passwords from the list but once I revisited some sites (gmail, fcbk, ebay etc), I found out that the passwords were still there.

Also the fullscreen button on yt doesn't seem to respond (I 've checked with videos that previously worked).

Using latest OWB, with updated Scripts and MorphOS 3.5.1 (haven't updated yet).
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »01.07.14 - 09:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Recently I removed all my stored passwords from the list but once I revisited some sites (gmail, fcbk, ebay etc), I found out that the passwords were still there.

Also the fullscreen button on yt doesn't seem to respond (I 've checked with videos that previously worked).

Using latest OWB, with updated Scripts and MorphOS 3.5.1 (haven't updated yet).

Some passwords can also be stored and restored with cookies/javascript, depending on sites, not only filled by Odyssey's password/autofill manager.

As for Youtube fullscreen mode, i'll check but it still worked a couple days ago. Give a link if necessary.
  • »01.07.14 - 13:17
    Profile Visit Website