OWB bugs
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @rms

I tried again today. Removed all tabs, closed down OWB, started it again and went to that HP. CPU went to 100% for over 15 seconds, and memory dropped during this time from 793 MB to 362. Not until it reaced the lower level did the CPU drop to normal levels. Clicking on other links also drain the CPU for maybe 10 seconds, but memory don't drop below 200 MB.

Maybe it has something to do with the G5? I have a G5, 2,7 GHz with a Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB VRAM and 1 GIG RAM. I have not experience the same problem with other HP:s.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »10.02.14 - 13:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @rms

I tried again today. Removed all tabs, closed down OWB, started it again and went to that HP. CPU went to 100% for over 15 seconds, and memory dropped during this time from 793 MB to 362. Not until it reaced the lower level did the CPU drop to normal levels. Clicking on other links also drain the CPU for maybe 10 seconds, but memory don't drop below 200 MB.

Maybe it has something to do with the G5? I have a G5, 2,7 GHz with a Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB VRAM and 1 GIG RAM. I have not experience the same problem with other HP:s.

I just tried again and it still works fine, no problems at all, nearly no CPU load, and fast rendering... hmmm, yes perhaps it's a specific G5 problem? I can test in a few days on my G5 2.3 GHz and let you know.
  • »10.02.14 - 17:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • HAK
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Hi Yasu,

Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    Maybe it has something to do with the G5? I have a G5, 2,7 GHz with a Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB VRAM and 1 GIG RAM.

Hmm, on my G5 (2 * 2.5 GHz; Radeon 96000 Pro Mac&PC Edition) the page works without problem.

Bye HAK
  • »10.02.14 - 18:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Weird. Maybe I got some setting wrong or something ..?

My MorphOS blog
  • »10.02.14 - 23:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    I've another issue: Useing www.conrad.at , OWB hangs during download data (waiting endless). Page is OK with Firefox or others.
    I'm sure that one of the older versions of OWB can show this page...
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »13.02.14 - 08:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I've another issue: Useing www.conrad.at

Issue discussed there:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9297&forum=16

> I'm sure that one of the older versions of OWB can show this page...

I'm quite sure it can't, unless you use pre-3.2 MorphOS.
  • »13.02.14 - 09:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thanks - did'nt know about that...
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »13.02.14 - 10:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I've found a bug.

Go to this webcomic: http://www.ma3comic.com/

Go to the bar below the comic to the left and click on it. You can only go up to comic #599 but not beyond.

My MorphOS blog
  • »18.03.14 - 23:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Hi,
    If I use "Start Downloads automatically", then I don't get the "File already exists" requester!
  • »19.03.14 - 13:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but sometimes the browsing history appears below the address bar and it won't go away.
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »22.03.14 - 20:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Jambalah
    @In_Correct:
    It's the autocompletion mode. You can disable it in Settings/Preferences/Interface/Url Completion Mode:
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »23.03.14 - 08:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    I will disable it. But please fix the bug. I think I figured out the mistake I made. Sometiimes I forget to click on the web page background and when I scroll using the arrow keys, the auto complete box appears but it won't go away. not even if I click a link on the page. It will go away if I click the links on the auto complete box. Perhaps a minor but still very annoying issue.
  • »23.03.14 - 23:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

In_Correct wrote:
    I will disable it. But please fix the bug. I think I figured out the mistake I made. Sometiimes I forget to click on the web page background and when I scroll using the arrow keys, the auto complete box appears but it won't go away. not even if I click a link on the page. It will go away if I click the links on the auto complete box. Perhaps a minor but still very annoying issue.

The history popup is programmed to show if down is pressed when URL string is active.
    Anyway, you can just close it again with the related gadget on the right (or ESC, assuming you didn't configure ESC to quit MUI apps).
  • »24.03.14 - 10:47
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    Quote:

In_Correct wrote:

The history popup is programmed to show if down is pressed when URL string is active.
    Anyway, you can just close it again with the related gadget on the right (or ESC, assuming you didn't configure ESC to quit MUI apps).

I think the bug in question is in whatever MUI class is used for autocomplete.
    When the autocomplete box appears, the only way to dispose of it is to select an item from the list, or to press return to use manually entered text instead.
    If return is not pressed (or an item selected), and the user decides to carry on browsing on the current page, or go to history menu, or whatever - the autocomplete box remains (it can actually end up hidden behind Odyssey's window if a double-click is used).
    Intuitive behaviour would be for the autocomplete box to disappear when cursor/focus moves away from the related text gadget (search box, etc).

One (unrelated) minor annoyance I have is that menus & context menus seem to pause the rendering and network processes - media/page rendering stops (although playback continues if cached, just rendered video isn't updated) and downloading pauses completely until the menu is released.

[ Edited by boot_wb 24.03.2014 - 13:04 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »24.03.14 - 13:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    This is not a bug, but rather a small request.

I like the topsites setting, but I would like it to be ready to overwrite as default.

Now you have to klick on the address bar twice to mark "topsites://" and then over write it with a web address. I would like it that when you open a new tab and get the topsites, you can start writing a new address on your keyboard without having to klick on the address bar first.

My MorphOS blog
  • »28.03.14 - 15:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    I found the solution, which means the problem might not be as annoying as it was before.

To make the box disappear in OWB, all I had to do is click the magnifying glass button to the right of the address bar. It collapsed the browsing history.
  • »28.03.14 - 19:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Lately, I'm having problems getting any Youtube files to work. Most refuse to work and none is able to download, no matter what I spoof as. Iphone and Ipad spoof get the movies somewhat moving but doesn't work well (sound not in sync, sometimes only a non-movie picture shows etc). Everything is of course up to date.

Here is one example where nothing at all work (except spoofing as Iphone or Ipad sometimes, but with non satisfactory results): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQxJgw0GhJo

My MorphOS blog
  • »14.04.14 - 22:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQxJgw0GhJo

Replay works fine here in OWB v1.23 (also in full-window overlay mode) with:

- http://www.youtube.com/html5 enabled
    - YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js v1.18 enabled (youtube.js *not* enabled)
    - spoofing as "Firefox 25 (Windows)" or "Internet Explorer 10" or "Chrome 32 (Windows)" (or "IPhone" or "IPad", which should also work without explicitly enabling Youtube's HTML5 mode)

For the full-window overlay mode to work, you may have to use HTTP instead of HTTPS protocol, which I guess is a limitation of the YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js script.
    I see that a month ago you reported success using this method as well.
  • »14.04.14 - 23:05
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Andreas_Wolf

I deleted youtube.js and that did work. I had forgotten about that. Thanks. Sadly, download still doesn't work at all.

Why is Youtube so much more difficult all of a sudden? Up until a month or so back things worked quite smoothly.

My MorphOS blog
  • »14.04.14 - 23:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

For the full-window overlay mode to work, you may have to use HTTP instead of HTTPS protocol, which I guess is a limitation of the YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js script.

There's no such limitation. Https links are supported as well as http links. But when the whitelist changes (https patterns were added many months ago), you have to remove/add the script again (this is necessary because i don't want to overwrite user changes there), which you probably didn't.

[ Edited by Fab 15.04.2014 - 07:19 ]
  • »15.04.14 - 06:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > when the whitelist changes (https patterns were added many months ago),
    > you have to remove/add the script again [...], which you probably didn't.

Yes, that was it. Thanks :-)
  • »15.04.14 - 09:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    Hello all,

When I came back at midday I turned on my powermac. Then I went at fab1 site and I saw that he had released a new version of odyssey, the 1.24 very early in the morning. So I downloaded and installed it. And now I am surprised that nobody, administrator or other, wrote a new about this new version of odyssey.

The link, http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/owb-morphos-1.24.lha .

Brumiga
  • »15.04.14 - 14:52
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    It seems that you have to visit http://www.warmup-asso.org/ for all the hot MorphOS news now :P
  • »15.04.14 - 15:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I am surprised that nobody, administrator or other, wrote a new about
    > this new version of odyssey.

It's not like this has never happened before. The releases 1.17, 1.11 and 1.8 were never reported as news on this site either.

Edit:
    https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2131.html

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf 20.04.2014 - 23:20 ]
  • »15.04.14 - 19:29
    stephen_robinson
    Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1g

isn't that the cracked version?
  • »15.04.14 - 22:00