• Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I have noticed a major slowdown of OWB v1.22, compared to v1.21 and earlier versions with regard to page loading.

I wondered if other users are experiencing the same issue?

Can the 'topsites' option be turned off in preferences, or anywhere else?

With v1.21 this is not the case, and you can load a new TAB or browser page while it is loading another tab/page.

There's no difference between 1.22 and 1.21 that would explain this at all. 1.22 just fixes a slowness issue and a security constraint, nothing more.

The issue you're experiencing is rather a possibly very fragmented hard disk, and thus the access to the topsites database is getting really slow. And keep in mind that this file doesn't grow up indefinitely, it's pruned when needed.

Now, if it still performs slow for you, just disable it as indicated earlier. It might become a settings in the GUI in a next version, sure.

Quote:

I like the TAB option of being able to add a New TAB next to the adjacent TAB, but sometimes this new TAB opens a couple or a few TABs further along the TAB bar, has anyone else noticed this?

In fact, it's about it being smart: for instance, if you have 1. MorphZone, 2. Another site, and you open in a new tab a link from MorphZone, you'll get: 1. MorphZone, 2. MorphZone 1st opened link 3. Another site. If you open a link from 1. again, you'll get: 1. MorphZone, 2. MorphZone 1st opened link 3. MorphZone 2nd opened link 4. Another site. And so on...

Quote:

Would it also be possible to have Keyboard-Shortcuts for Preferences = A (CMD) + ? , and Save as HTML = A (CMD) + H, and Save as PDF = A (CMD) + Z, or something similar, as I'm getting a little tired of having to use the mouse/trackball to keep accessing the menu when there is a page I want to save, or alter the preferences to add/remove a feature. I know it's only a niggle, but hope it's not too much to ask for ....... please.

Some of these shortcuts are already used by other actions.
  • »28.12.13 - 12:26
    Profile Visit Website