• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I have noticed a major slowdown of OWB v1.22, compared to v1.21 and earlier versions with regard to page loading.

I wondered if other users are experiencing the same issue?

I feel it's probably something to do with the TopSites feature that we now 'enjoy' (though if this slowdown is as a result - I can do without it) as the HDD access lights/LEDs are constantly busy as a new page is being loaded, and virtually all of the OWB GUI is locked/frozen, so you can't do anything with it until it has finished doing whatever it is doing, and with large pages that can often take quite a while.

Having said that, at the moment it is loading quite quickly, but I removed the TopSites.db from the 'conf' drawer/folder, though it seems to have re-created/re-generated a new one, though at the moment the file is a lot smaller, so even though I thought this feature might hve been "turned off" - It's not, but the pages/TABs do seem to be loading quite a lot quicker - for the time being.

Can the 'topsites' option be turned off in preferences, or anywhere else?

With v1.21 this is not the case, and you can load a new TAB or browser page while it is loading another tab/page.

I like the TAB option of being able to add a New TAB next to the adjacent TAB, but sometimes this new TAB opens a couple or a few TABs further along the TAB bar, has anyone else noticed this?

Another niggle, though only a really small one is that v1.21 is shown in the home page 'splash' info when v1.22 release starts up, though the about requester does show the corrrect version release information as v1.22.

Would it also be possible to have Keyboard-Shortcuts for Preferences = A (CMD) + ? , and Save as HTML = A (CMD) + H, and Save as PDF = A (CMD) + Z, or something similar, as I'm getting a little tired of having to use the mouse/trackball to keep accessing the menu when there is a page I want to save, or alter the preferences to add/remove a feature. I know it's only a niggle, but hope it's not too much to ask for ....... please.

[ Edited by NewSense 28.12.2013 - 01:15 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.12.13 - 01:52