• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    "Some SSL websites show a certificate error requester!
    -> Maybe they're not certified.

Are you saying (quoting from the v1.20 readme.txt file) that ebay are not going to be certfied for SSL certificates?

The error requester came up twice on one day, possibly just on ebay, and I re-tried the page link twice, and got the same error requester. I quit OWB, and re-started it (without-rebooting) and got the same error requester on the same link ... BUT when I rebooted my MorphOS system, a couple of minutes later, if that, the error didn't come up again.

So it sounds like it is more likely to be an OWB issue, or some other interraction with a program that had brought about the prompt of the error requester, I'm not saying it was, just that it might have been the cause, and then not even a problem within OWB as such - I just don't know, but I really doubt that it was caused by ebay not being SSL certified - as that sounds highly unlikely.

I was only mentioning this to bring it to FAB's attention, in case it's an OWB issue - as I don't know what caused it.

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    You can either update "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file

So where do I get the latest MorphOS compatible version of "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file from?

Would it be ... http://curl.haxx.se/download.html as that is now showing version 7.33.0, and OWB v1.20 shows version 7.28.1 of "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file, I just wouldn't want to place a file in the OWB folder that isn't going to work with it.

I have the "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file that is dated the 13-April-2011 - which came with OWB 1.20, so I take it this is not the latest/most up to date file?

However, if "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file is just a text file that any browser that uses the "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file then I'll download it as soon as you let me know.

I know there were issues with "curl-ca-bundle.crt" in earlier issues with OWB, and I reported "www.parcel2go.com" as being one site I could not access with OWB, but I think that was an "asp" issue, but in someway connected with SSL, that has since been fixed, so of recent everything has run smoothly - a compliment to FAB's great work, and for that matter anyone else on the development team for OWB.

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    ... or ignore SSL errors by enabling "Ignore SSL errors" in Settings/Security.
    "
    http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/owb-morphos-1.20.readme

Have you enabled this setting?

No, I had seen the option when I first started using OWB, but thought it would be better to see SSL error messages in case a certificate was out-of-date rather than let the browser just ignore it, if that option would be what it would enable, though I am grateful to you for bringing it to my attention.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »10.11.13 - 00:36