• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    which is just wrong. Even me as a non OS4 user but just an occasional reader knows this. Many better informed users like cha05e90 could tell you eaxctly what all has been updated and is in development. But your statement is so simply wrong for everybody to prove that there is no need to discuss about this any further.

The updates seem minimal, latest one just included AmiUpdate, it's like claiming AmigaOS3.x is continuously evolving because Grunch was released for it :-)

Quote:

this can be your opinion which is mine, too, but it is not a fact as you try to state.

Fact: AROS has public Gallium and OS4 doesn't so best card you can use with OS4 are R200.

Fact: AROS runs on 64bits systems (and can use more than 2GB of ram).

Fact: MorphOS supports R300 cards and OS4 doesn't.

Fact: MorphOS runs on laptops and OS4 doesn't.

It's not a matter of opinion I think.

Quote:

shows that you prefer to throw oil into the fire instead of *really* thinking about what a good collaboration could be of benefit for MOS as well.

I just mean OS4 has little to offer for MorphOS and that OS4 is heading towards a linux-like system, something that is not Amiga/MorphOS phylosophy... not desirable for me. Collaboration is nice if both sides win something.

Quote:

Exactly. this is what I try to show Crumb. We all lost. No one gained a little by the multiple divorces. This war has to come to end but that obviously is not Crumb's intention.

I have not interest in OS4&linux nor his users so it's funny that some people come pretending that nothing happened and that we have something to win... IMHO MorphOS Team should stay away from Hyperion&Ben Hermans. Everybody Ben Hermans deals with is sued by him (latest example is Amiga Inc)

Collaboration between 3rd party developers? Of course, it's very desirable. But Collaboration between OS4&MorphOS Team? No thanks, that's just asking for trouble. Collaboration between AROS&MorphOS is a good idea too.

OS4 will probably vanish alone due to the incompetence of its management, so don't worry, no need to look for "enemys" nor writting history books about conspiracy against OS4.
  • »18.11.13 - 12:47
    Profile Visit Website