• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Quote:

I dont understand BLUEvsRED war either...

It's quite simple. In the early 2000 bPlan and Genesi (I think) announced the Pegasus PPC computer and MorphOS in the hopes that the Amiga community would switch to it. The reason was years and years of empty promises from Amiga Inc. and some hard core Amiga fans got fed up with that and decided to make it happen themselves. But the massive shift didn't happen, and instead a lot of angry Amigans started attacking MorphOS and it's developers intention. Bill Hermans from Hyperion also joined in the bashing, claiming that MorphOS was based on stolen AmigaOS 3.1 code and that it was trying to ride on the "future success of AmigaOS". New MorphOS users on their hand accused AmigaOS 4 of being vaporware and that Amiga Inc. simply was afraid of competition since they didn't have anything beyond their name to sell and tried to live yet a few more years on expectations only.

Nowadays feelings have cooled but the fight blossoms up even today. It's a pretty pointless fight now, but back then it had it's reasons. Not all good reasons though.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »13.11.13 - 11:29
    Profile Visit Website