• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> I think UAE doesn't really belong in your list as it's also used by MorphOS users
    >> as the only way to run hardware-hitting Amiga software on their OS of choice.

> It does since I can't run system-friendly (nor system-unfriendly) apps directly on Linux.

Then it seems I completely missed the point of your list. I thought that

My point is that for a future "NG" the plan was using linux technologies&apps and the only connection with amiga was UAE and a look alike desktop I could use linux directly.

"The only thing Amiga OS4.x could offer to MorphOS is the Amiga name. [...] If I wanted to use Gallium, QT, shared objets, UAE and a fancy desktop I would use Linux"

was meant to list software or components that are available (or announced) for both OS4 and Linux (while running better on Linux) but not available (nor announced) for MorphOS. After all, what would be the point in offering MorphOS something it already has?

I don't use MorphOS to run GTK/QT/windows apps, if I didn't care about MorphOS nor Amiga I would be happily running gtk/qt/windows/whatever gui of your choice apps. I prefer amiga/morphos native apps than quick'n'dirty linux ports (including alien toolkits). If I had to run linux apps with linux gui on a slow x11 gui I could use a quad-core pc that will run it much better.

PS: OS4.x doesn't have Gallium (poor internal non public slow pre-alpha internal software-only version = vaporware for me) nor shared objects (non shared objects aren't shared, but in contrast we have proper morphos shared libraries). UAE runs slower on OS4 than it does on MorphOS and running an alien toolkit on MorphOS is not something I dream about, you could recompile it to run on Geek Gadgets but I wouldn't find it appealing nor much useful.

[ Edited by Crumb 12.11.2013 - 18:15 ]
  • »12.11.13 - 18:14
    Profile Visit Website