hooligan
    1) How did you hear about MorphOS?

I believe it was Piru, that sneaky devil. We probably consumed some beers while talking so I was easy to lure in.

2) When did you first try MorphOS (version, hardware), and what made you decide to give it a try?

My memory can fail me sometimes but I think it was 1.3 when I really started using MorphOS. The machine I bought at tahat time was Pegasos1 G3, later sold it and got back to scene with Pegasos2 G4 .. later sold it and got back to scene with MacMini. So .. its a lot of returns :-D

3) What was/is your 'ususal OS' (ie one that you're most accustomed to) and what did you find most confusing / frustrating when first trying out MorphOS?

All OS's have their limitations. A few years back I was at friends place and got to try out OS4.. I managed to crash OS4 in about three minutes while typing text in Shell. Now THAT was frustrating :-D

4) Were there any simple concepts that you just 'didn't get' until explained by a friend/asked in the forums (eg right-clicking for menus, finding system settings, etc)?

There have been several occasions where I needed help, always got help in IRC from friendly developers and/or regular users.

5) What limitation or annoyance frustrates you the most (Or is there anything you are expecting to work which doesn't work)?

3.1 was quite usable apart from network speed which got fixed in 3.2 with the new tcp/ip stack. The biggest limitation is still browsing. While it's gotten a looot better there are still sites which don't work 100% properly.. usually the ones containing videoplayer/audioplayer. Me wants me pr0nsitez to show hot steamy axxion! 8-)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »01.07.13 - 10:17
    Profile Visit Website