Flawless 3.2 upgrade thread - post here if it went well!
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I feel I had better mention that not everything seems to work as it did using MorphOS 3.1 since I have upgraded to 3.2.

I am experiencing LOCK-UP / FREEZING with Jukebox, as it changes tracks from a playlist that I made from MorphOS3.1. I also use the "wide" menubar option, so that it shows the name of the track playing, and even though the << "previous track", and > "play" and >> "next track" gadgets are shown, they do not allow you to directy change to the next track or pause or play the track - they are cosmetic but non-functional. Sure they appear to animate when "clicked" on, but they don't do anything.

The freezing requires a complete re-boot as it locks up the whole of my Mac Mini.

Those bugs are already addressed and sadly went unnoticed in 3.2 release. MorphOS 3.3 which is mostly a bugfix release will have all those nasty bugs fixed.

Best for now is to use previous Jukebox from 3.1 iso or MorphOS install backup (SYS:MorphOS_XXX directory).

My flat apologies for all the inconvenience.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »05.06.13 - 20:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Thanks for the update about Jukebox, and thanks for the PM.

I should also mention that I have had a couple of lockups/freezes/crashes and some strange behaviour before lockup/freezes/crashes while using ... Sketch.

I tried to 'fill' an object with a chosen colour, picked from the image, but it just put a line of colour in the 'flood' area, which I had chosen 'fill range' to 40% and 'opacity' to 100%, and then when I chose the flood option again, it inserted a block of the colour I was using, that I'd picked from the image and put that in some spurious, not moved to block on the page/image, so coloured an area I had not selected or even been in at that moment, which seemed really weird.

Anyone else had this happen to them. I didn't get any problem with Sketch when I used it under MorphOS 3.1, but maybe I never used this specific method of processing an image.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »06.06.13 - 03:55
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    rebraist
    Perfect installation. Only issues: on pwbook 5.6 I had some lags when using scribble. And i don't know how to create a panel...
    Yes and now my mobile router won't work: when i plug the ethernet cable there's no way nor to ping it nor to use it. If i use it, using the same pwbook, in osx all goes fine. But if i connect it to the wired internet morphos works good.

[ Edited by rebraist 06.06.2013 - 13:58 ]
    Mac Mini g4 1,5 mos 3.1 registered
    Powerbook g4 1,67 mos 3.1 unregistered
    Sam440 Os4.1.6
    Aros-Aros-Aros.
  • »06.06.13 - 12:55
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Flawless upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 on 15" PB 5,8.

It's a shame the 3d stuff is bugged, can't open any 3d games because the rave3d library open fails for some reason :-/

The only 3d stuff that seems to work is the gl screensavers.
  • »14.06.13 - 18:51
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > It's a shame the 3d stuff is bugged, can't open any 3d games because the rave3d library
    > open fails for some reason :-/

It's a feature, not a bug ;-) See explanation there:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9256&forum=49&start=4

As you can see, this should only be the case for Warp3D games, definitely not "any 3D games".

> The only 3d stuff that seems to work is the gl screensavers.

Everything that uses TinyGL should work essentially.
  • »14.06.13 - 23:38
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    scrAb_
    Just installed from scratch on PB 5.9 and updated my mini 1.5.
    Everything went smooth, but I noticed the update didn't upgrade to OWB 1.20...
    is it ok? I don't think so....:-(
    MacMini@1.5Ghz 1GB/DualBoot Morphos3.1/DebianPPC - Efika MX sb
    PowerBook 5,9
  • »04.07.13 - 07:57
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    scrAb_,
    Quote:

Just installed from scratch on PB 5.9 and updated my mini 1.5.
    Everything went smooth, but I noticed the update didn't upgrade to OWB 1.20...
    is it ok? I don't think so....

Usually I just have Grunch installed to be sure programs are up to date. 8-)
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »04.07.13 - 14:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have not yet installed any software, but the installation of MorphOS3.2 on my 17-inch 1.67GHz G4 PowerBook went smoothly and without any problems on the first try. I am debating with myself about installing Chrysalis, or instead just installing Grunch and choosing which software and settings I want.

On my Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac tower I am only seeing a black screen without any indication that anything is happening when I try to boot from the same MorphOS3.2 installation CD, so I can't claim the same flawless installation on that system (Yet).
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.07.13 - 22:43