• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Oepabakkes wrote:,
    Quote:

Sorry Dave, but who cares ? For all we know the decision might be already made. X86, ARM or just stick to PPC because ( if I am not mistaken ) it's a hobby and they don't really care where it will end with PPC

The point of the whole thread is to find out what the users here in these forums think and what they would prefer to see happen.

That does not mean that the MorphOS Dev. Team will listen to any of us, but it does not hurt anything to express our opinions and discuss the pros and cons of each, here in the forums. It is part of why these forums are here, to discuss MorphOS and it's users and what they would like to have happen in the future.

If the MorphOS Dev. Team is thinking of pursuing "X", or "Y", and 99% of the users would rather see them support "Z" next, the Dev. Team might not change their minds, but at least they will know what most of the users would prefer to see happen.

There is no harm in having discussions about future plans and brain storming ideas between ourselves. Maybe something will be mentioned by one or more of us that no one has thought of before and it will sound good to the Dev. Team, so they will investigate the idea.

I have no false impressions that the decision on which way to go next is in anyone's hands but the Dev. Team members. We as users can either decide to continue following and using what they create, or we can use what we currently have while we look for something else to replace it when ever it quits working in the future.

I think everyone will agree that unless the PPC architecture makes some kind of miraculous recovery, it is dead in the desktop and laptop arenas. This means that the MorphOS Dev. Team will be forced to switch to a new architecture sooner or later. All I was asking in this thread was for members here to express what they would like to see the Dev. Team do when that day arrives, a year from now, or 5 years from now. When is not the question, it is what should they do when that day comes to make a switch away from PPC.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.09.12 - 01:21