• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    Interesting article on this by MorphOS user and MorphZone member Eric W. Schwartz published online in early August:

http://www.amigamccc.org/journal/1308eric.htm

The article is confusing 'ABI' with 'API' on one occurence but apart from that little glitch I think it's a rather accurate summary of the status quo.

Yes, I agree that Eric Schwartz article sums up the current status of the Amiga, Morph, and AROS communities very well. I also agree with his assessment that we do not currently have enough programmers to create new, or ported software for our existing PPC and AROS platforms, and that if/when MorphOS, or AmigaOS4.x moves from PPC to x86/x64 architecture, we will probably have even less programmers producing new software for our systems to run.

The only thing that might make such a move attractive, would be the ability to also run Linux, or Windows software via some kind of wrapper, or virtual machine, from within this hypothetical new MorphOS, or AmigaOS4.x operating system, until enough new "Native" software could be created.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »25.09.13 - 19:37