• rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Quote:

catohagen wrote:
    Samba also have parameters you can adjust, setting the tcp buffer to 8192 might help, and Im sure I adjusted some register values on Windows7 that had effect.

On my nas, i downgraded Samba there to an older version, and adjusted buffer values aswell. Samba on linux I guess are more resource hungry on later versions, installing a 2.x.x improved transfers.

For Roadshow, i wrote an arexx installer that had options for adjusting the different parameters based on your network, the installer also helps turning on/off or switching betweeen Netstack and Roadshow as tcp stack...

Atleast in my case, both a Mac mini and Powerbook G4 with Roadshow 'maxed out' on network performance between a Win7 machine and Samba68k 2.2.5 server on Morphos 3.2, getting 9-10mb/s on the 100mbit ethernet on Mac mini and over 30mb/s on the gigabit ethernet on the Powerbook G4, copying files back and fourth.

So you think that I need to use rather Samba if I want to get more speed then the 3 MB/s to write files to a NAS or to a win7 machine? I use a PM 2.7 GHz

I tried to copy a single 1 GB file from a win7 machine to the NAS over a GB LAN, this gave a 40 to 50 MB/s speed, then the other way round, from NAS to win7 gave about 80 to 90 MB/s! Well it should be possible under MorphOS with a GB LAN to reach at least 20 to 30 MB/s speed (read/write), that's a 3rd what win7 does.

About Netstack in MorphOS, do you have any advice about best settings?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Christoph
  • »21.11.14 - 05:49
    Profile Visit Website