• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    TheMagicM,
    Quote:

That's the EXACT NAS I have. Trying to do the same thing.

Let me know if you find a way to mount it on MorphOS

Its a good disk, but I had some stating troubles though.
    First I did connect it and tried to use FTP to transfer the content from my 500GB WD USB disk. There was about 450GB of data on the disk, but before transfering half of this, the GoFlex ran out of space. Also I was unable to delete certain folders on the drive after this.
    Then I tried to format the drive uising the webinterface. But this reported an error, failed to format the disk. After this the disk was unreadable, so I had to dismantle the hdd in order to connect it to a SATA interface on a pc. (standard SATA connectors wont fit directly because of the casing gets in the way). This was an xp pc, so it after formatting it, my 3TB disk was now only 750GB. Then I downloaded some files to extend xp to support up to 2TB. So now I only have 2TB of my 3TB disk available, since I didnt have a vista/win7/8 pc with sata available at the time.

The disk works fine as a hdd for my dreambox, and as a network mounted drive on my xp and win8 pc. Also my DAB/Network-radio detects the drive out of the box and plays audio from it. My raspberryPi (xbmc) mounts it and works great with the drive. So all in all I'm quite pleased with it.
    My only complaint is the format utility from the webinterface.
  • »08.06.13 - 18:50