MorphOS 3.0 issues
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @klesterjr

Mmh, indeed deficons don't show the second state for some reason, that's a bug. We'll see that for next release. ;)
  • »19.06.12 - 00:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > On all the installs I've tried it shows both the 'Boot' and my MacOS
    > partition on the desktop, in mounter I've set it them to Manual, ie I
    > want them hidden until I mount them. On 2.7 they were hidden.correctly.

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8532&forum=9&start=1
  • »19.06.12 - 15:08
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    When booting from the MOS 3.0 CD-ROM, it works until it tries to bring up the Ambient desktop. It's apparently trying to use a 50 Hz screen or some other resolution that my 60 Hz monitor can't handle. I've tried two different monitors but same story. I remember holding down a key when I installed 2.7 which forced it into standard VGA resolution but I can't remember the key. Could somebody remind me what that key is? I'm on a PowerMac 3,1 G4 500 MHz with a Radeon 9x00 PCI series Mac version.
  • »06.07.12 - 03:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I remember holding down a key when I installed 2.7 which forced it
    > into standard VGA resolution but I can't remember the key. Could
    > somebody remind me what that key is?

Yes, the MorphOS website can:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5872&forum=16&start=9
  • »06.07.12 - 10:51
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    stephen_robinson
    me,
    Quote:

With my 17 inch Hi-res Powerbook sometimes when I turn it on the graphics are all distorted and wobbly, not very often, maybe 1 in 10 boots, seems to work, but it's hard to tell with the screen looking like it does.

jacadcaps,
    Quote:

@stephen_robinson

Yes, we're aware of the issue and will try to address it in the next release.

Just done it again on a 3.1 17" Powerbook.

Only time it's done it since the 3.0 to 3.1 update,

P1040585.jpg

[ Edited by stephen_robinson 14.07.2012 - 21:03 ]
  • »14.07.12 - 22:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    klesterjr
    I finally got around to updating to 3.7 yesterday (had 3.2 installed) and default icons still don't seem to display their alternate state. Additionally, the panel icons now don't display their alternate state either (with 3.2 they had their images reversed). I know that this is pretty low on the list of priorities, but dual state icons is something that has always been uniquely "Amiga" and it would be nice to have it in MorphOS as well.

Also, (completely unrelated) Basilisk II no longer works. It hard freezes with "WARNING: Unknown VideoDriverStatus(18)". I tried a couple of different hardfiles that worked fine with 3.2. Does anyone know what the issue is and if there is a workaround?

Thanks.

(This is on a 1.67ghz PB)
  • »23.10.14 - 04:22
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Condor
    Quote:

klesterjr wrote:

Also, (completely unrelated) Basilisk II no longer works. It hard freezes with "WARNING: Unknown VideoDriverStatus(18)". I tried a couple of different hardfiles that worked fine with 3.2. Does anyone know what the issue is and if there is a workaround?

Thanks.

(This is on a 1.67ghz PB)

I always get this warning in Basilisk II , but emulator is working just fine.
    Just click Amiga+M to switch Basilisk II screen when you get this warning or simply start program with >NIL: argument to avoid warning on start.
  • »23.10.14 - 12:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    klesterjr
    Quote:

Condor wrote:
    I always get this warning in Basilisk II , but emulator is working just fine.
    Just click Amiga+M to switch Basilisk II screen when you get this warning or simply start program with >NIL: argument to avoid warning on start.

Basilisk is hard locked up.

My hardfiles are 8.1 -- I saw in an old thread that other people were having issues with 8.x but that 7.x was working. Since it worked with 3.2, I was wondering if there was something I could turn off to get it to work?
  • »23.10.14 - 13:06
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Condor
    Quote:

klesterjr wrote:
    Basilisk is hard locked up.

My hardfiles are 8.1 -- I saw in an old thread that other people were having issues with 8.x but that 7.x was working. Since it worked with 3.2, I was wondering if there was something I could turn off to get it to work?

That's strange because I just try emulator and it works fine on my MacMini.
    Basilisk saves prefs file(s) in env: (envarc:) so maybe will help if you delete them before.
    My emulator is starting with this command - BasiliskII nogui >NIL:
    I use version 7.x of MacOs, so I don't know if version 8.1 working ok.
  • »24.10.14 - 12:37
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Quote:

klesterjr wrote:
    I finally got around to updating to 3.7 yesterday (had 3.2 installed) and default icons still don't seem to display their alternate state. Additionally, the panel icons now don't display their alternate state either (with 3.2 they had their images reversed). I know that this is pretty low on the list of priorities, but dual state icons is something that has always been uniquely "Amiga" and it would be nice to have it in MorphOS as well.

I want to second that. So many of the dual icons do not show up correctly in Ambient. Sometimes you just see the NewIcons black sqquare. Sometimes you see all pink icons. Sometimes the icons apeear flat instead of 3d. I know that those icons are considered as "evil" OS4 icons sometimes (some other were already working with OS3) but dual state has always been remarkable in Amiga world. So staying compatible to this feature is also showing where our roots are.
  • »24.10.14 - 18:40