• Just looking around
    Fester
    Upgraded my mac mini to 3.0 yesterday and installed the SDK. So far so good.

The only little glitches I've had so far are as follows:

1. OWB slows down: I remember having this issue way back when I first purchased a MOS license. I usally open one to three tabs and I use "Iconify" alot. After a while, OWB slows down to a crawl. I'm on version 1.17.

2. Screen goes dark on KVM switch: I work from home so I'm always switching from my work PC to my personal machines. If I switch away from my Morphos for more than a few minutes, I can't get the screen to come back to life. I have to reboot the Mac Mini. Switching works fine if it's done within a few minutes.

3. 1920 x 1080: My monitor can handle 1920x1080 and I see it available in Prefs. But when I set the Morphos screen to that resolution, the screen goes dark. I tried a couple different monitors. I tried it on the KVM and also directly to the monitor without a KVM. I tried VGA cables and DVI cables. The 1440x900 resolution works. I can live with that.

I'm not a MOS power user but I intend to learn C++ and a few other languages. Always wanted to but never did. So I read through the library tutorials, compiled the Hello World C program and then compiled a few lines of C++ I toyed with this week. Again, so far so good. It all works. I plan on spending more time with Morphos now that I'm pushing myself to learn new programming skills.
  • »16.06.12 - 10:07