• Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @connor

Ah, at least a more detailed answer. Good.

Quote:

Yes, please give us all bugfixes to dvPlayer for your port of MPlayer, too, but leave out the features.

Well, if there were similar bugs in MPlayer in the first place, i might consider it. And the same way, if DVPlayer had more features (except for the ones we mentioned, i.e skin and audio scope), i might consider them too.

So, about your sounds not playing, it seems they have something in common : they're short. This is indeed a bug in the mplayer audio output with such small files (the last chunk (<32k or so) isn't played). On the other hand, i'd be curious to see longer ones not being played, really. I'm also very curious to have a link to these video files giving green blocks.

No idea about your issue with drag'n' drop. Files are appended to playlist and played wherever it's dropped in the mplayer area (and when dropped to the playlist window, they're only appended to the playlist, not played just yet).

There's definitely support for unicode subtitles (and several formats are supported). Use -fontconfig and/or -ass subtitle output, and also set the codepage (-subcp) if needed. I have read video files with japanese subtitles without trouble.

Media keys aren't supported directly, but you can always map a poseidon action and invoke the desired rexx command on MPlayer (rxcmd MPLAYER.1 "pause" / "volume -1" / "volume +1"...). That being said, it could easily be added to MPlayer itself. Good suggestion.

The shadow effect can't work over an overlay layer, but it has nothing to do with MPlayer itself.

And on the other hand, compared to DVPlayer, MPlayer is faster, supports hundreds more codecs and formats, supports all kinds of transports (streaming over many protocols mms/http/ftp/rtp/rtsp/... ), has many video/audio filters, handles metadata, has playlist support and management (which allows more than just appending), allows to record streams, and much much more.

Regarding OWB and your paste issue, feel free to send me a text file showing that issue (my guess is it probably happens with some specific character), because I can't reproduce here (i pasted a couple big source files in this very textarea to try, and got it all each time).
  • »30.12.11 - 18:44
    Profile Visit Website