• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    @ Fab

Yes, please give us all bugfixes to dvPlayer for your port of MPlayer, too, but leave out the features. You should also add latest bugfixes to LibreOffice, Paint.NET, Typo3 and VirtualBox, too, but again, please leave out the features.

A lot of AIFF and WAV files are not played with MOS' MPlayer although it claims to do so. It just says "Playing" for a second and no sound is heard. Ambient internal play command (double click) can play them. dvPlayer can play them. Same goes for several videos that just appear with green blocks on MPlayer while dvPlayer plays them just fine. Other mp3 and wav files (like sound files from LEO) arenot played from the beginning but start in the middle. DvPlayer can play them. Ambient also cnanot play them and cuts the beginning.
    Throwing files on MPlayer window only plays them when thrown at the top area, not at the bottom area.
    No Unicode subtitles. Only trashed characters. Works with MPlayer on Windows, works with dvPlayer.
    Is multimedia keyboard volume adjustment supported? Did not find anything about it.
    Other missing features you found yourself. Also, the information, playlist ... windows have no shadow borders anymore when put on top of player window playing a movie. It is just a big black stripe around the window.

Mindspace is more than just a simple vector program like Steamdraw and MagicalInk. Mindmapping, flow charts, UML modelling and the like. Sure it cannot compete MindManager, SmartDraw and such. But it is the only software that is available for Amiga (besides old and a little buggy drawStudio - although I loved this program in the old days. Sadly, support for this has stopped). You don't want to do this with MagicalInk or Steamdraw.

BTW: there is something wrong with OWB clipboard support. I write my comments offline and then paste them here. But I only get the last line pasted into OWB. All the text before the last line does not get inserted. In any other program this works. I get the whole paragraphs, multiple paragraphs ... what ever I copied to the clipboard pasted to the textfield: YAM, Ed, Shell, ... Only OWB cuts it. This is both for 1.15 and 1.16 (don't know about older ones). Have to copy all the text line by line. I really hate it.
  • »30.12.11 - 15:05