• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Most people around the Holidays (Christmas if they celebrate it) have less money to spend on their own hobbies, as they have spent their money on family and friends for presents. So I strongly disagree that the MorphOS Team has missed any opportunity.

As for being disappointed and expecting more work to be done, such as work on the 3D drivers for the Radeon 9700 inside the G4 PowerBooks, that is not realistic. That is like assuming that the delay is for some other reason than the fact that work on the original items to be included in 3.0 is not finished. Unless of course the person(s) working on the 3D drivers are not needed for the remaining work on other items that need finishing prior to MorphOS3.0 being released, then perhaps there is a chance that the 3D drivers can be completed along side the completion of any other items in 3.0 that need polishing before MorphOS3.0 can be released.

Be patient, if there is a delay in the release of MorphOS3.0, there is also a good reason for it. One of the strengths of the MorphOS Dev. Team is that they do not release buggy, unfinished versions (though no OS release from anyone is perfect and without need of some fixes).

As someone who was fortunate enough to be allowed to show a beta version of MorphOS3.0 on my G4 PowerBook's, I can confirm that more work on it was required before it could be released to the general public. The version I received in October was very good, but still needed the final polishing to make it ready for release.

Be patient and remember the MorphOS Dev. Team has made good choices in all of their previous releases and will not change their course now.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »22.12.11 - 21:53