Miky060
    takemehomegrandma,
    Quote:

@pega-1
    Quote:

Currently, it looks like betatesting will delay release into early 2012, unfortunately. So better don't hold your breath for a release next week ...

That's OK with me. Better to test it thoroughly and release a good quality product than releasing some untested crap that borks your system and force you to downgrade to earlier versions (like the "competition" has a habit of doing).

I agree with this theory too, but it was intended that for december the 3.0 should have "already" been long tested since times and released. At the end of the story we're wayting for it for a year and at a certain point it SEEMED it was to be released (at that time it was still called "2.8") at this summer, than it was explained it would have happened after the summer and than officially stated it would have been released this year but not before December. Now, "IF" wayting more means that we'll have also other important stuff that many of us are waiting for (like 3D for Radeon9700) so it's ok for me too. But if it does mean that we will have in 2012 just what we were expecting for december 2011 I'm not so happy if I have to be sincere.
    Don't kill me to say what I think, this does not mean that I do not have respect for all the big efforts and work that MorphOS developers do, they are my heroes, and I am grateful to them to give us of the best OSes around. I'm just a bit disappointed for this delay (..that is also announced only now, few days before the end of December..)
    I am also still convinced about what I already said: they lost an opportunity to do much money "soon" with the new registrations: on Christmas Holidays people are much more available to spend money than "after holidays", I hope you understand what I mean.. Registrations will come for sure even in 2012 but IN MY OPINION it will be a slower process.
    Good work to Mos Team and happy holydays to all.

[ Edited by Miky060 22.12.2011 - 14:38 ]

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »22.12.11 - 14:30
    Profile Visit Website