• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @pega-1
    Quote:

Currently, it looks like betatesting will delay release into early 2012, unfortunately. So better don't hold your breath for a release next week ...

That's OK with me. Better to test it thoroughly and release a good quality product than releasing some untested crap that borks your system and force you to downgrade to earlier versions (like the "competition" has a habit of doing). I understand that Powerbook users are eager to be able to use their machines, but for the rest of us, MorphOS 2.7 is really polished, so it's not like there is an emergency here. :-)

And may I also suggest that you wait for the new panels/dock system to be fully developed and tested as well? Not much development (if anything at all) has been put into this feature since MorphOS 1.x days. I think this is a very central GUI/User Experience feature, and currently it is the weakest spot of the Ambient GUI. I think it would be *embarrassing* to go into the 3.x level with this feature still on early 1.x levels...

Hmm, maybe the wait will mean that some stuff like the IceFS will make it as well? ;-) :-)

And since you will make Grunch a standard component of the OS: How about making MorphOS itself (and its components) part of it, and make full use of it? :-) That way you should be able to easily release whatever hotfixes to certain individual OS components and files in a nice and clean way (and have it distributed to the entire population) *after* the 3.0 release, should you have any need for it... :-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »22.12.11 - 10:37