• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

Tell that to minator, not to me. He is the one who talked about those vapor products. I just replied to him. Moreover, we already *know* that an OS4 netbook (vapor or not) would be much less performant than the X1000 (or Pegasos II or Eyetech AmigaOne) the same way the Efika 5200B is much less performant than the Pegasos II, which was the previously released MorphOS hardware.

Still, way more expensive than any MorphOS option.

Quote:

You forgot the X1000, which is a previous hardware to the OS4 netbook.

AFAIK x1000 is not capable of playing decently videos so perhaps we should add it to the slow hardware list :-P (that's a joke, in case you don't understand it or try to isolate the phrase out of context to later provide links in other threads) Something that "exists" in less than 250Units is not much relevant anyway.

Quote:

Additionally, minator in his posting I replied to didn't say a single word about price but only about speed. So please refrain from moving the goalposts, thanks.

I'm not "moving" any topic but writting about something very relevant to 90% computer hardware related discussions: price/performance ratio. And it was relevant (perhaps it depends on reader interpretation but I guess Minator will agree that price and performance are "slightly" related to the topic)

Quote:

And I stand by my claim that the OS4 netbook is supposed to be slower than the X1000 the same way the Efika 5200B is slower than the Pegasos II. You bringing the price into play is an unfair attempt at moving the goalposts as minator wasn't referring to the price point and neither was I in my response to him. So no, your comparison has nothing to do with the point minator was trying to make.

"Unfair"? you like isolating phrases out of context and performing sofist arguments, don't you? bah!

Quote:

How does the fact that for instance the Sam440 is slower than the Peg2 negate my claim that minator's statement that "OS4 must be the only platform that brings out machines that are slower than previous ones" (remember that this is what I replied to, nothing else) is nonsense especially when made in a MorphOS forum where everybody (except for newbies maybe) should know that the Efika 5200B was slower than the Peg2?

Where have I "negated" your claim? Not everything is black or white. Comparing out of context Efika with that vaporware netbook is nonsense (or that alpha-beta-board produced in a handful of units). Comparing Peg2 (that costed less than a new Mac Mini but was not that far away in performance) with an x1000 (that is more expensive than almost every computer ) is nonsense.

Quote:

...and it will get cheaper with the OS4 netbook, which is the hardware minator was referring to in his statement to which I replied.

cheaper than x1000? wow! that must be really difficult :-P

Quote:

Please don't read your own fantasies into my posts and then make nonsensical assumptions about what I "honestly think", thanks

Isolating phrases out of context is what is nonsense. The topic of this thread was about how much time we were going to wait until next MorphOS release, that was the goal, in your fantasy world perhaps you were discussing with your other personalities about certain isolated phrase, but I have to tell you that you are at morphzone discussing with humans in a MorphOS thread not an OS4 one.

Quote:

But all that price discussion is mute here anyway as that's not what minator and me were talking about

just like performance because it's a MorphOS thread.

Quote:

as it doesn't change my whole point, which has been from the beginning and still is: minator's statement that "OS4 must be the only platform that brings out machines that are slower than previous ones" is nonsense as proven by the fact the the Pegasos II was followed by the Efika 5200B.

I respect your isolating-phrase mania, but remember we are at public forums, you were already offtopic and when you reply to a person you can add some extra information in favour/against certain argument but that doesn't mean you claim all the argument is true/false. Your bizantine/sofist discussions about isolated phrases out of context have no interest for me. I prefer google but I don't mind if you continue acting as human webcrawler/link provider
  • »21.12.11 - 21:04
    Profile Visit Website