• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>>>> OS4 must be the only platform that brings out machines
    >>>>> that are slower than previous ones.

>>>> Do you remember the machine that followed the Pegasos II
    >>>> in running MorphOS?

>>> Efika costed a fraction of Pegasos price.

>> And the OS4 netbook is supposed to cost a fraction of the X1000 price.
    >> So your point being?

> Comparing vaporware with real products is not a good idea.

Tell that to minator, not to me. He is the one who talked about those vapor products. I just replied to him. Moreover, we already *know* that an OS4 netbook (vapor or not) would be much less performant than the X1000 (or Pegasos II or Eyetech AmigaOne) the same way the Efika 5200B is much less performant than the Pegasos II, which was the previously released MorphOS hardware.

> It has a lot to do with the point Minator was discussing: OS4 hardware turns
    > both more expensive and slower(sam) than previous hardware (Peg2, A1)

You forgot the X1000, which is a previous hardware to the OS4 netbook. And the OS4 netbook, which is what minator was referring to in his statement, is supposed to be much *less* expensive than the X1000. Moreover, the X1000 is *faster* than Pegasos II, Eyetech AmigaOne and Sam, not slower. Additionally, minator in his posting I replied to didn't say a single word about price but only about speed. So please refrain from moving the goalposts, thanks.
    And I stand by my claim that the OS4 netbook is supposed to be slower than the X1000 the same way the Efika 5200B is slower than the Pegasos II. You bringing the price into play is an unfair attempt at moving the goalposts as minator wasn't referring to the price point and neither was I in my response to him. So no, your comparison has nothing to do with the point minator was trying to make.

> Peg2 runs OS4 so it's totally related.

How does the fact that for instance the Sam440 is slower than the Peg2 negate my claim that minator's statement that "OS4 must be the only platform that brings out machines that are slower than previous ones" (remember that this is what I replied to, nothing else) is nonsense especially when made in a MorphOS forum where everybody (except for newbies maybe) should know that the Efika 5200B was slower than the Peg2?

> OS4 hardware has got slower (like sam,

And it got faster as well, like the X1000.

> and in addition to that more expensive). More expensive (x1000).

...and it will get cheaper with the OS4 netbook, which is the hardware minator was referring to in his statement to which I replied.

> if that vaporware netbook thingie got released ever it will be slower than ever.

...the same way the Efika 5200B was slower than ever for MorphOS.

> Efikas costed $99 ~ 75Euro without VAT. Price/performance ratio
    > was pretty good, unlike current OS4 hardware

Again, minator wasn't referring to price, only to performance. That's what I responded to. Please don't read your own fantasies into my posts and then make nonsensical assumptions about what I "honestly think", thanks. Besides, the OS4 netbook (if it gets released that is) will be much cheaper than the X1000.
    But all that price discussion is mute here anyway as that's not what minator and me were talking about and especially as it doesn't change my whole point, which has been from the beginning and still is: minator's statement that "OS4 must be the only platform that brings out machines that are slower than previous ones" is nonsense as proven by the fact the the Pegasos II was followed by the Efika 5200B.
  • »21.12.11 - 18:32