• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

And the OS4 netbook is supposed to cost a fraction of the X1000 price. So your point being?

Comparing vaporware with real products is not a good idea. You should do better. Sams are in general both slower and more expensive than the Peg2 released years ago, so in general Minator's post is right. Last Efikas had even better price/performance ratio than Peg2/G4.

Quote:

Why should I? That comparison would have nothing to do with the point minator was trying to make and to which I responded.

It has a lot to do with the point Minator was discussing: OS4 hardware turns both more expensive and slower(sam) than previous hardware (Peg2, A1)

Quote:

No, I don't. And I really wonder how you read such unrelated things from my response to minator.

Peg2 runs OS4 so it's totally related.

Quote:

No objection to that, but again, this has nothing to do with minator's (failed) point and my response to it, to which you just replied.

It has a lot to do: OS4 hardware has got slower (like sam, and in addition to that more expensive). More expensive (x1000). And if that vaporware netbook thingie got released ever it will be slower than ever.

Efikas costed $99 ~ 75Euro without VAT. Price/performance ratio was pretty good, unlike current OS4 hardware (and future vaporware).

[ Edited by Crumb 21.12.2011 - 17:13 ]
  • »21.12.11 - 17:12
    Profile Visit Website