• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Debaser,

This is just for my curiosity, no grand plans for anything. I have made guesses in the past about the absolute number of MorphOS users that are registered 2.x users which in my opinion probably number somewhere around 400 to 600 worldwide, as most of us have more than one registered MorphOS system and I think the number of registered licenses is around 1200 at last count. I have 5 systems with registered keyfiles myself.

As most MorphOS users are in Europe and the UK (for those who don't consider the UK to be part of Europe), I was just curious how many MorphOS users there are in the USA. I know that not all MorphOS users are here on MorphZone.org, but this is the premier English speaking MorphOS users site, so I would consider most of the USA MorphOS users to be members here and show up once in a while to see what is happening.

Could it be that there are only 10 to 20 MorphOS users that are registered MorphOS2.x users in the USA? And, if this is true, why is the number so low?

Also, with MorphOS2.7 being so much better than AmigaOS4.x, why aren't the number of MorphOS2.7 users higher, or closer to the same as the number of AmigaOS4.x users? What do the developers of MorphOS need to do to better promote it and increase the number of MorphOS users and third party developers of MorphOS native programs?

Could more cooperation with AmigaOS4.x users and developers increase the MorphOS user base?

From my experience with the many OS4 users at the many AmiWest Shows that I have attended and displayed MorphOS at, many OS4 users are curious about MorphOS, but are "put off" by the attitudes presented by some MorphOS users toward AmigaOS4.x and its users.

It is my opinion that we cannot get more OS4 users to convert to using MorphOS, if we cannot get them to try it out, and we discourage many of them from trying it out by expressing attitudes which belittle their choice to use OS4, or constantly ridicule the performance or features of OS4.

We will attract more new users with honey than vinegar. (yes, I am aware that this has probably already been discussed dozens of times before and is mostly a waste of my time, but I am going to try anyway).

Edit: This message is not aimed at any one person, and certainly not at the MorphOS Developer Team, as I do not see the "Team" attacking OS4 and it's users on a regular basis. This message is aimed at the small few MorphOS users that like to stir up the few OS4 users that easily get excited and defensive when comparisons are made, or derogatory comments are made about their beloved OS4.

[ Edited by amigadave 27.10.2011 - 14:57 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.10.11 - 22:52