MorphOS, OS4, and Linux on same machine?
  • phx
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    phx
    I just wanted to mention that NetBSD/ofppc also works fine on the Pegasos2 and supports all available devices, including Firewire and Gigabit ethernet.

And unlike Linux or other BSDs we won't abandon Pegasos support. I can guarantee it, because I am the author of the port. ;-)

I'm running three operating systems on my Peg2 (MorphOS/OS4/NetBSD).

If you want to try it, download a recent snapshot from nyftp.netbsd.org. The last release (5.1) is old and doesn't boot from Amiga RDB partitions.
  • »29.11.11 - 20:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    @phx

Have you tested it on a partition located beyond or crossing the 1TB boundary?
    Linux's RDB support is broken there.
  • »29.11.11 - 21:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • phx
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    phx
    Good question. I have no disk larger than 500GB, so I never tried it. The RDB support code is nearly identical to NetBSD/amiga.
    When looking at the source there might be a problem with partitions larger than 2TB or starting after a 2TB boundary. This needs to be checked. Thanks.
  • »30.11.11 - 09:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    Quote:

I just wanted to mention that NetBSD/ofppc also works fine on the Pegasos2 and supports all available devices, including Firewire and Gigabit ethernet.

And unlike Linux or other BSDs we won't abandon Pegasos support. I can guarantee it, because I am the author of the port.

I'm running three operating systems on my Peg2 (MorphOS/OS4/NetBSD).

If you want to try it, download a recent snapshot from nyftp.netbsd.org. The last release (5.1) is old and doesn't boot from Amiga RDB partitions.

IS there support for the Pegasos 1 board?
  • »30.11.11 - 09:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • phx
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    phx
    Quote:

IS there support for the Pegasos 1 board?

I'm quite sure the kernel would support Pegasos 1. The problem is booting it.
    The OpenFirmware implementation on the Peg1 is badly broken. I can neither boot from network nor from an installation CD using the OFW-seek and read methods. I even had a tester who tried to boot from an MSDOS partition.
    I would need a Pegasos1 myself to find a workaound.

[ Edited by phx 30.11.2011 - 17:45 ]
  • »30.11.11 - 17:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Update:

> AFAIK the only Linux distributions that should have out of the box Pegasos II
    > support in their most recent versions are Debian, Gentoo and Crux.

Now maybe openSUSE as well:

http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=16751#p16751
  • »26.10.12 - 00:20