• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    @ Coder

As othr here already said I can also confirm that the Efika isn't a good choice today for general computing. The total cost of an Efika system is comparable to much more powerful powermacs or Mac mini. I have an Efika and a mac mini G4 1500MHz. The diffrence is dramatic!
    The Efika is surprisingly useable, but it has many limiattions - the RAM, the ide interface, usb 1.1 and only 400MHz. Don't get me wrong I like m Efika very much, but not because it is so versatileor fast, but because I build a nice device from it. It was more about tinkering, hackig and crafting. For that an Efika is great.
    But the reliable workhorse is the G4. Sure, it is used gear, but it is cheap, very cheap actually. The Mac mini 1.42 GHz is easily for less than 150 EUR at ebay obtainable. Probably less then the total cost of an Efika system (board, psu, hdd, gfx card). Powrermac MDD I saw fo less then 100 going, but I don't like then too much because they are bulky. The most expensive, but IMO best solution is the Mac mini G41500 - but even those should be obatainable for 200 EUR these days on ebay (all my price observations are from ebay Germany, I suspect Dutch prices are probably more or less teh same).
    Registration fee is the same on all systems.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »25.05.11 - 10:28
    Profile Visit Website