• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > The thing that annoys me about MorphOS is THOSE who choose
    > MorphOS DIDN'T choose to also LEAVE the Amiga world.

Huh? MorphOS (via its ABox) is an AmigaOS 3.1 API compatible and (limited) binary compatible OS, so choosing MorphOS is choosing to stay in the "Amiga world" by definition (well, my definition of that term at least).

> If I had been brave enough to walk a new path I would have also had the
    > courage and willingness to create something completely new and seperate,
    > so from my point of view I really don't get you MorphOS types.

Yes, it's obvious that you don't get what the motivation to create MorphOS was in a time without any API and/or binary compatible upgrade path from m68k based OS3. Ironically you seem to have no problems getting the OS4 "types", who were late to the "binary compatible upgrade path from m68k based OS3" party, while the only conceptual advantage OS4 has over MorphOS is bearing the "Amiga" name. Some may even argue that isn't an advantage any more.

> I just don't understand why you'd want to do that to the very thing you loved?

Do *what* exactly?

> ...staying with the girl 100%. [...] it's probably what some of you would
    > have preferred for yourselves

Yes, that's even what the father of MorphOS would have preferred (see negotiations with Amiga Inc. to make MorphOS the official AmigaOS 4 a decade ago).

> it won't return until someone like me opens there own forum.

Yes, it's no secret that you would like to delete everything that doesn't follow your line of thought.
  • »14.06.11 - 04:11