• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    cha05e90
    amigadave,
    Quote:

Hyperion do not appear to have the talent, or money to purchase the talent, to improve their crippled OS, and I don't see that changing in the future.

I also don't see their user base growing. The existing AOS4.x users are mostly people that are too embarrassed to admit that they made a bad choice and wasted too much money on inferior products and OS, when confronted with the reality of the other two choices, or three choices, if you consider staying with AmigaOS3.x & 68k based systems.

...still thinking about wether I'm part of your "mostly" crowd or not.

Am I embarrassed? No. Do I have the feeling that I did something wrong by purchasing a SAM440ep with OS4.1? No. Do I have the feeling that OS4.1 is "crippled"? No. (BTW: When did you last use OS4.1, Dave?) Does it feel vastly inferior to MorphOS2.7 (especially on my Pegasos II, that runs both MorphOS and AmigaOS)? Another No.

Will I start a rant, beginning with "It is people like Dave and a few other MorphOS2.x users that are really..."? No.

What will I do instead? I will reboot this machine (Pegasos II currently running OS4.1 Update 2 with OWB while writing this post) into MorphOS to play some Quake III Arena online, 'cos 3D stuff is nicer under MorphOS. Hopefully I'll find someone with "dave" in their game handles - and frag'em... ;-)
    II/G4
  • »13.06.11 - 20:12
    Profile Visit Website