• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dreamcast270mhz
    Without going too far into the PPC vs intel debate, I see my stance as, say a rifleman prefers his old Mosin Nagant to remington 700: The 700 has little to offer to the mosin nagant owner as he has probably become more proficient with his old rifle than any potshot with the 700.

The x86 platform consists of a CISC processing system which has been found to be inferior to a RISC platform in terms of processing efficiency. To put this in perspective, in the past many home computers were more powerful than comtemporary consoles, yet the console could run the game at a smoother framerate. The reason lies in that computers have always had more storage and to be honest more than 40% of all code in modern programs could be removed and the program optimized. More powerful processors only encourage more half a**ed coding. PPC is an optimal solution in my opinion: cheap and easy to get, moderately powerful and has a large set of IDEs and libraries available for it.

X86 or ARM is not the answer, ever. I think the community is too demanding of these devlopers who develop for very little. If we drive MorphOS into a bloated OS like Windows it will be the shame and folly of every fool who let it get to that.

My message to the people who want new hardware:

I understand, we are all born to think "new" is better. But new is not better, as a computer rapidly loses value from its original price and look at it this way:

You don't need cutting edge, that is what brought you here, you want quality and that old feel of AmigaOS (at least thats me)

Anyways a used computer isn't bad at all (they aren't going to break anytime soon), it is like people who whine why their gun is all rusted from using corrosive ammo: You didn't take care of it, anything with proper care and maintenance is will last many years.
    My Macs:
    Powerbook G4 ALU 1.5GHZ 15" 1.5GB OSX.5.8
    Powermac G4 MDD 1.5GHZ OSX.5.8 MOS2.7

Want a part for a Mac? Let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Amithlon is amazing, questions and help I can provide.
  • »18.03.11 - 01:34